Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) has become a common bug these days if you are on a Windows 10 operating system. There are several underlying reasons that may result in such errors related to either hardware or software. Once you know the exact rationale behind BSOD errors, it becomes quite easy to fix the same. Today, in this guide, we discuss a single method to get the BSOD log file location and its details as well.
Windows 10 contributes an essential way to know the list of BSOD log files that ever occurred on your system. It contains all the relevant information, warning, workarounds to resolve them separately. Whenever a BSOD error appears on your PC, its log file is automatically generated and stored on your device. Accessing this file is a little bit complicated yet there are some tools to know them. Using this tool you can not only get the reasons behind this bug but also troubleshooting guide to solve the BSOD error.
Note: You can’t get the BSOD log files in the form of a text document that you can open using Notepad.
Where to find BSOD log file on Windows 10 PC
To get the location of Blue Screen of Death, BSOD error log file on Windows 10, use Event Viewer –
Using Event Viewer
The Event Viewer contains the logs of all BSOD dump files that ever occur on your PC. In addition to the logs, it also provides a troubleshooting guide to solve the blue screen of death error. All you need is to follow these simple steps –
- Go to the Search and type Event Viewer in the text bar.
- Click the well-matching result to launch the Event Viewer window.
- Go to the Action tab and select Create Custom View as shown below –
- Using the Logged: drop-down menu, select the time range.
- Now, mark the Error checkbox under the Event level section.
- Next, choose the Windows Logs option under the Event logs: drop-down menu.
- Click OK to proceed.
- On the succeeding window, rename the custom view and hit OK again.
- Go back to the Event Viewer wizard and see the enlisted date and time of previously occurred BSOD.
- If you want more information regarding any specific error, select the same and tap Details.
That’s it, hope it helps to get the relevant information of lately occurred blue screen of death errors on your PC.