Recently, a few users reported that the OneDrive icon is missing from the system tray (taskbar) on their devices. Though there might be separate reasons in each case, this problem mainly occurs when you install pending Windows 10 updates on your computer.
In this tutorial, we will discuss how to restore this icon if removed intentionally or due to some external settings. Follow and apply the below workarounds to get back the OneDrive icon in Windows 10.
Restore the Missing OneDrive icon in Windows 10
Here’s how to make the OneDrive icon appear again on the system tray in Windows 10 –
- Make sure the OneDrive is not hidden
- Enable the OneDrive icon in the taskbar
- Reset OneDrive
- Update OneDrive
1] Make sure the OneDrive is not hidden
At times, certain icons become hidden automatically when there are too many icons on the system tray. So, you must check if that’s the case on your device or not. To do so, use the below guideline –
- Click on the upward arrow-like icon, which is available on the right side of your taskbar.
- Check whether any cloud icons are available or not.
- If you do find a cloud icon, hover the mouse over it and read its name for OneDrive.
Now that you have located the OneDrive icon, click once over the cloud symbol, and slide it to the taskbar.
2] Enable The OneDrive Icon In The Taskbar
If you didn’t find any cloud icon resembling OneDrive, this icon must have gone hidden. To re-enable it, use these steps –
- Press “windows key + I” altogether to open the Settings page.
- Click on the personalization option.
- On the left pane, click over the taskbar option.
- Go to the right pane of your screen, scroll down to the Notification area, and hit “select which icons appear on the taskbar“.
- Subsequently, look for Microsoft OneDrive and turn on its toggle switch.
3] Reset OneDrive
If the above solutions do not work to get back the OneDrive cloud icon, you should reset OneDrive using the steps provided below –
- Press “Windows key + R” together.
- When the Run dialog box launches, copy/paste the below code, and hit OK.
- After running the above code, wait for a while. As soon as you get back the missing OneDrive icon, you may close all windows, and restart your computer.
- In case, the above code doesn’t restore the respective icon, execute this command instead –
I hope you get back the icon that you were looking for in Windows 10.
4] Update OneDrive
Sometimes, an outdated OneDrive application may also cause its icon to disappear from the system tray. If that’s the case, you must download and install its latest version to fix this problem. Here’s how to perform this task –
- Press “windows key + s” together to open the search box.
- On the search box, type Microsoft store and double-click over the top result.
- When Windows Store launches on the screen, go to the search bar, and type Microsoft OneDrive.
- Click once over the well-matching result to reach out to its homepage.
- Hit the Get button to start upgrading OneDrive to its latest version.
- When the file gets downloaded, click Launch.
That’s it, I hope you are now able to get back the missing OneDrive icon on your device. If you have any queries or suggestions, let’s know in the comment section.