Xbox is the most popular and widely used home video game but still, it is also not untouched from errors and bugs. While trying to install a new game, you may encounter Xbox one error code 0x87e00064 on your Windows 10 computer. This error code is reported when users attempt to install the game through the Microsoft Store and the game disc simultaneously.
Causes that include occurring this issue are, corrupted temp folder, incompatible firmware, and having an optical drive problem. If you’re facing the same issue, you might be prevented to play any game on your computer. Read this article and apply the below methods to solve this issue.
You may get the following full error message:
Try that again Something went wrong. The error code is 0x87E00O64, in case you need it.
Xbox One error 0x87e00064 on Windows 10 PC
To fix Xbox One error 0x87e00064, follow the below steps:
1] Stable Internet connection
Slow internet connection might be the reason for the failure of the game installation and appearing of this error code. Many game discs may need the downloading of the updates. In this case, try installing the game when your Xbox console is offline. This method may help you fix the error 0x87e00064.
Alternatively, check your speed of the internet connection. If it is working fine and you have quite strong signals, then you can choose to download the update of your game and leave your game to get installed overnight.
2] Power-cycle your Xbox One console
Another method you can try to fix this error code is to try the power-cycling process. This will remove any issue related to the firmware and incompatible temp file: Here is how to do:
- Make sure that your Xbox One console is completely turned on instead of having in hibernation mode.
- Turn off your console by pressing and holding the Xbox button for about 10 seconds until the front LED stops flashing.
- After the Xbox console to fully turned off, wait for a while (around 60 seconds) and then try to turn it back on.
- Now connect the power cable, start your console and check if this issue has been fixed.
3] Use Xbox Store for installing the Game
Due to some external damage in the game disc may result in error 0x87e00064. In such a case you can choose to get the game directly installed from the Xbox store. Follow the give steps below to install the game from the Xbox store:
- Go to the Xbox store.
- Type the name of the game in the search bar.
- Wait for some time to get the game download and installed.
- After completion of the downloading and installation of the game, then place the game disc and enjoy playing!
4] Clear cache and saved files
If Xbox one error 0x87e00064 is still preventing you from installing the game, then try deleting the cache files.
To delete the saved files, follow the steps:
- Use the Guide button from your Xbox controller.
- Go to the Settings Tab > System Settings > select a storage device > Games and Apps.
- Now check for the corrupted game and delete it if any.
In order to delete the cache files, follow the instructions given below:
- Use the Guide button similarly as in the method mentioned above.
- Go to the Settings tab > System Settings > Storage.
- Now select any of the storage devices listed there.
- Press Y and select the Clear System Cache.
- Click on Yes, if you get prompt for the confirmation.
- Now turn off your Xbox console and unplug it for 30 seconds to remove the memory cache.
- Turn your Xbox console on again and try to install your game using the disc.
5] Replace the Optical Drive
If none of the above methods works, then the most probable reason for this error code is defective discs or a problem in the optical drive. In this case, you should return your DVD and try installing your game from a brand new game disc.