Recently some Windows 10 users complained about an Xbox Game Bar Error 0x803f8001 when they try to open a game or an application. It has been found that the error mainly affected the devices running on Windows 10, rather than involving every user. However, some users tried to fix this issue by setting the current location correctly, updating the Microsoft Store, and even updating their PC to the latest build, but none of them worked.
The exact reason for this error to occur is still unknown but Microsoft is working on it and will provide the resolution in the upcoming days. But in this post, we have explained some possible solutions right away that may help you to fix them. It accompanies an error message – Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001.”
Xbox Game Bar Error 0x803f8001
To fix Xbox Game Bar Error 0x803f8001, use the steps –
1] Turn off the Xbox Game bar
Some users got able to fix this issue by turning off the game bar. Here is what you can do:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Select the Gaming > Xbox Game Bar
- Now go to the right panel and click on the toggle switch to disable the game bar.
2] Disable Microsoft Store notification
Another method to fix this issue is to disable the Microsoft Store notifications and check if it is fixed.
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings app.
- Select System > Notifications & Actions.
- Go to the right pane and scroll down to the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the toggle switch to turn off the notifications.
3] Reinstall the Xbox Game bar
Another user reported that reinstalling the game bar fixed this issue temporarily. The steps are as follows:
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- In the Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter to uninstall the Xbox Game Bar –
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once you remove the game bar from your PC, restart your computer.
- Then open the Microsoft Store and search for the Xbox Game Bar.
- From the appearing result, choose the app and then click on the Get button. It will download and install the app automatically.
If you are still facing the same error and failed to access Xbox Game Bar, wait for a while as long as Microsoft releases the resolution in the upcoming update.
Is there a permanent fix for error 0x803F8001?
The game error code 0x803F8001 mainly occurs when you are not logged into the right account. This happens when you use your friend’s credentials to sign into an account but then your friend logs in somewhere else. You may contact your friend again and ask if he had changed the password.
If there is no issue from your friend’s side, perform a clean boot into your Windows. Safe Mode disables all third-party apps and drivers’ interactions with the system files causing no such error code 0x803F8001 while playing Minecraft games on Windows.