Today, in this article, we are going to discuss Windows Update Issue due to Microsoft Server outage. This problem is recently much talked about on reddit as well as twitter. Users facing this bug are not able to update their OS or Windows Defender.
Sometimes even the download process gets stuck in between. An error message “we couldn’t connect to update service” will pop up during the upgrade. Do the change under Network & Internet Settings and Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter are the suitable workaround to solve this nagging issue. The step-wise description is described below-
Fix: Windows update issue due to Microsoft Server outage
Here is how to solve Windows Update issue due to Microsoft Server outage on your system-
1. Change Network & Internet Settings
This error occurs at Microsoft Servers end or it might be associated with the DNS. Therefore, simple troubleshoot won’t work here. However, you can follow the below workaround. Here are the steps-
- Go to the right pane of the system tray and right-click on the Network icon.
- Select Network & Internet Settings.
- Switch to the right-hand side of Settings, hit change adapter options.
- Succeeding after make a right-click on Network Adapter and choose Properties from the context menu.
- From the list of items, tap Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IP4) then hit properties option.
- Henceforth click on the “Use the following DNS Server addresses” radio button and assign following Google DNS server addresses.
- At last hit OK to save the changes then close all tabs.
Now retry to do Windows Update and check if you can do the task without having an issue.
2. Run Windows Update troubleshooter
If you apply the above workaround but the same problem continues while downloading Update, the issue might be in Windows Activation. To avoid this trouble you need to perform Windows Update troubleshooter. Here is the procedure-
Step-1: Press the Win logo and I to launch Settings.
Step-2: Now hit Update & Security category then Troubleshoot on the left column.
Step-3: Switch to the right pane and click on Windows update.
Step-4: Succeeding after tap Run the troubleshooter. This will automatically detect the actual problem and repair if possible.
Hope this method surely helps to solve the Windows update issue due to Microsoft Server outage.