Today, in this blog post, we discourse Windows Update error 0xc190012e, the reasons, and probable solutions. During this trouble, Windows Update may fail to display the following message –
“Your device is missing important security and quality fixes
”. This is a common bug that appears mostly on Windows 10 v1903 and Insider Preview.
The Windows Update error 0xc190012e primarily occurs due to corrupt system files, obsolete Update components or stored cache. To get rid off this bug, you may repair corrupt system files, delete temporary files, run Windows Update troubleshooter, etc. Sometimes, improving BCD may also help you to recover this problem. Moreover, if the issue still exists, try running DISM command to check the disk health performance. Let’s explore these methods in detail-
Methods to solve Windows Update error 0xc190012e
Here, we depict step-wise different workarounds to fix Windows Update error 0xc190012e on Windows 10 PC.
1. Reset Windows 10 update components
Reset Windows Update components is the best way to diagnose the Update error 0xc190012e while upgrading your PC. Hence, you need to change the update components following these steps-
- At first, Download Windows Update Troubleshooter visiting the official website.
- Once the wizard appears in front of you, select Windows Update option.
- Now hit Advanced followed by Run as administrator.
- Succeeding after, select Windows Update followed by Next button.
- Wait for a while till the task gets completed. After this, close the troubleshooter.
- Move to the Windows Update troubleshooter wizard again.
- Select Advanced option from the appeared window and choose Run as administrator.
- Here, choose second option Windows Network Diagnostics followed by Next.
After completing this process, Restart your system and update the system normally.
2. Clear temporary files
The temporary cache stored in HDD is also one of the prime reason to cause this Update issue. Removing these temporary files from root directory will surely help you to solve this error code 0xc190012e. Here are the steps-
- Press Win + E together to launch Search.
- In the void area, type Disk Cleanup then clicks on the same result.
- On next window, select the root drive (mostly C:) followed by OK to proceed.
- Wait for a few seconds, while the Windows is calculating the cache.
- Here, mark all the checkboxes thereafter OK to remove it.
Once finished, Restart your PC and check if the problem 0xc190012e arises while updating or not.
3. Run SFC command
At most times, corrupt system core files may arise different bugs in your System. The System file checker command may help you to repair these faults and repair the same to fix this specific issue.
- Jointly press Win logo and S hotkey to start search menu.
- Type Command prompt in the search field henceforth right click on the well-matching result.
- Select Run as administrator option using the context menu.
- If UAC prompts, tap Yes.
- Near the blinking cursor, type the following code thereafter hit Enter key.
- This will take approx. 10 minutes to complete the whole scanning and repairing process.
Once the above process is over, Reboot the PC and try to update again. Hope this time, you will not receive any issue while updating.
4. Run CHKDSK command
Usually, the bad sector in disk drive may also make your PC operations slow; thus popping 0xc190012e error. If that’s the case, use CHKDSK (an inbuilt app of Windows) to repair such bugs. Here is the complete guideline-
- Go to Cortana, type cmd in the text area.
- Make a right click on the well matching result and select Run as Administrator option.
- If UAC dialog appears, tap Yes.
- Near blinking cursor, type the following code and hit Enter to execute the same.
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
- Here C: denotes the root drive, f implies fixing the issue. Similarly, r is there to identify the problem and X instructs the concerned volume to scan.
- Next to this, press Y to start scanning.
After you complete the above steps, Restart your PC. After next login, You may no longer receive this error.
5. Run BCD code
Configuring BCD codes is yet another useful way to solve Update error 0xc190012e on Windows 10. This method is applicable when there is issue in Boot configuration data. Here’s how to proceed-
- Press Win and R to launch Run dialog.
- In void box, type cmd and simultaneously press Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter to launch Command Prompt as Admin.
- When UAC prompts, tap Yes.
- Now on elevated command prompt, type the following command lines. Do press Enter at the end of each command.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
- At last, Reboot your System to save the changes made so far.
6. Manually Update Windows 10 (using ISO file)
In case, you are still struggling with Windows Update error 0xc190012e, it is better to Upgrade your Windows 10 with the latest version. Go through below instructions-
- Firstly go to the Microsoft official website and click the Download tool now button.
- When the Media Creation Tool is downloaded, do the right click on it and select Run as Administrator option.
- Afterward, choose Upgrade this PC now option there forth click Accept button to proceed further.
- Make sure that you have selected keep your files and apps on the succeeding window.
- Henceforth, tap Install button and follow on-screen instructions to complete the up-gradation.
- The installation process will begin automatically. This will take several minutes to finish the whole task.
Hope, this article helps you to troubleshoot the error 0xc190012e on Windows 10.