The error code 0xc004f069 is basically an activation issue and it starts appearing if you are using a non-activated Windows server. This may also occur when users try to install or change their existing product keys.
Once you encounter this bug, this will prohibit your system from installing any license key, so you won’t be able to update your server. Today, in this guide, we will discuss separate ways to install the product key on different editions of Windows Server.
Fix – Windows Server Activation Error 0xc004f069
To solve the Windows Server activation error code 0xc004f069, click over your Windows Edition, and then apply the steps –
If you don’t know what is your current edition, use the below guideline –
- Sign in to your Windows Server.
- Press Win & I shortcut.
- Click to expand System thereafter hit About.
- Head over to the adjacent right and find the currently running server’s edition.
Note: In case you are on the Windows Server Standard Edition, you may follow the steps normally. Else, you need to reboot your PC first then only you can follow activating your server. Make sure to always use a genuine product key, else your server might crash with some other errors as well.
1. For Standard Edition
If you are running the Standard server edition, you can directly apply the activation steps. There is no need to reboot your device.
- Press Win and X to launch the Power Menu.
- Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- When the UAC window prompts, hit Yes.
- Copy/paste the following code and hit the Enter key.
slmgr /ipk your_product_key
- A confirmation message should appear displaying “Installed product key successfully.” Tap the OK button.
- Next, execute the below code to activate the license key.
- You will receive a popup message showing “Activating Windows, Server Standard edition… Product activated successfully“.
- Hit OK again so that changes made come into effect.
2. Activate Evaluation Edition
The evaluation Server Edition users have to first convert their PCs into Standard edition then only they can activate servers. Follow the steps below to change it –
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the following code on elevated prompt and hit Enter.
DISM /Online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /ProductKey:your_Product_Key/AcceptEula
- If your system asks for any confirmation, type Y, and press Enter.
- From the next logon, follow the steps discussed in method 1.
3. For Datacenter Edition users
To change the available edition into Datacenter, you must run the below cmdlet on the Command Prompt black interface –
DISM /Online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenter /ProductKey:*****-*****-*****-*****-***** /AcceptEula
Note: Here, “*****” is your Windows server product key.
- When prompts, hit Y using your keyboard to Restart the PC.
- Now go back to method 1 and perform automatic activation of Windows Server 10.
4. Use VLC MAK license key to Fix Activation Error 0xc004f069
If you have a VLC MAK license key, the above codes won’t for you. In such a scenario, you may activate your server by going through the below guideline –
- Restart your system and log into your Windows Server account.
- Press Win & R and type cmd in the void box.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys altogether.
- Hit Yes on the UAC prompt to grant accessing the Windows Console.
- Execute the code below followed by the VLSC MAK key –
slmgr /ipk 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 (VLSC key)
- A short dialog will pop up displaying “Installed product key successfully”, click OK.
- You may now activate your license key by running the code below –
- When you will receive a confirmation message, “Activating Windows, Server Standard edition. Product activated successfully“, hit OK.
That’s it, your Windows Server is now activated. I hope this guide helps you to solve the Windows server activation error 0xc004f069. Still, if you have any queries or suggestions, let us know in the comment section.