Did you recently encounter the 0xA00F4271 (0x80070001) error while launching your webcam on Windows 10? If yes, then follow our five working ways in order to fix this problem on your PC. Corrupted Webcam drivers and turning off essential Camera settings are some of the main reasons that may cause this issue in the first place.
RESTORO is a great repair tool that automatically finds and repairs different issues on Windows OS. Having this tool will protect your PC against malicious codes, hardware failures, and several other bugs. Moreover, this also ensures you use your device to its fullest capabilities and performance.
Get the Restoro Tool
This error may also occur due to some corruption inside the applications downloaded from Microsoft Store. Regardless of the cause of the 0xA00F4271 bug, you can resolve it by following these solutions:
- Modify the Camera Settings
- Update PC Webcam Driver
- Run Microsoft App Troubleshooter
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- Modify the registry
Webcam Error 0xA00F4271 Solutions
If error code 0xA00F4271 is appearing whenever you are trying to utilize your webcam, you may try out the below workarounds –
1] Modify the Camera Settings
- Press Win + S to launch the Search app.
- Type “Camera privacy setting” and click the well-matching result.
- If the camera access for the device is OFF, and then turn it ON.
- Slide the “Allow apps to access your camera” toggle switch to the right.
- Make sure to enable the particular webcam app that you were trying to utilize the camera. You may find this under the “Choose which apps can access your camera” section.
- At last, restart your computer to confirm the above changes.
2] Update PC Webcam Driver
Webcam-related problems mainly occur due to driver issues. In order to fix this, you must keep the drivers up to date. Here’s how to update drivers on Windows 10 PC –
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the menu list.
- Click to expand Cameras, right-click on the available driver, and choose to update driver.
- Subsequently, click “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
After updating the camera driver, Reboot your PC and check if this resolved the 0xA00F4271 issue or not.
3] Run Microsoft App Troubleshooter
Sometimes, the 0xA00F4271 error may also arise due to conflicts with the Store apps. In order to fix this, you may troubleshoot the Microsoft Store app using the following steps –
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Select System from the left pane.
- In the right pane, scroll down and click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Click Other troubleshooters.
- Then scroll down to Windows Store Apps and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Press Win + I to launch the Settings App.
- Select the Update & Security category.
- Select the Troubleshoot option from the left pane.
- On the right pane, click the Additional troubleshooters link.
- Scroll down to the Windows Store Apps section and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Go through the resolution provided by the troubleshooter.
- Restart your PC so that changes made become effective.
4] Hardware Troubleshooting
It’s quite possible that it’s your hardware to blame for webcam error 0xA00F4271. So, make sure to troubleshoot the hardware as well.
- Press the Windows+I keys to open the Settings app.
- Go to the Update and Security and open it.
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot submenu and click Additional troubleshooter on the right pane.
- Under the “Find and fix other problems” section, look for the Hardware and Devices option.
- Click to expand its box and hit Run the troubleshooter.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the remaining steps.
- Lastly, Restart your computer to implement the above changes.
|Note: Windows 10 20H1 & 20H2 users may not find the Hardware and Devices option. We suggest such users try out the next set of solutions.|
5] Modify the registry
There is a possibility of fixing the webcam error 0xA00F4271 by modifying the registry. Here’s how to edit the registry by following the below guideline –
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Type regedit in the search field and hit OK.
- Next, browse to the below location –
HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows Media Foundation
- Double click the “Windows Media Foundation” folder on the left pane.
- On the adjacent pane, right-click anywhere and proceed as follows – New > DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Enter “EnableFrameServerMode” as the title for the new DWORD.
- Thereafter double-click EnableFrameServerMode entry.
- Input 0 in the Value data box, and click the OK button again.
- Restart Windows 10 after editing the registry to incorporate the recent changes.
6] Update your Windows PC
If none of the above methods resolve the 0xA00F4271 error on your device, just download and install the latest cumulative update. Here’s how to perform this task –
- First, launch the Windows Settings using Windows+I keys.
- From the left pane, click on the Windows Update option.
- Then click Check for update.
- Please wait for a while to check for updates.
- If an update is available, download it and install it.
- Open the Windows Settings using Windows+I keys.
- Click on the Update & Security category.
- Move to the right pane and click Check for update.
- Wait for a while to check any pending updates.
- Install the update, if any exists.
After upgrading Windows 10, check if this resolves the issue or not. If yes, let us know what was your problem and which solution worked for you in the comment section.