The driver plays a crucial role in bridging a connection between the operating system and hardware. This also ensures that your PC functions properly while performing different operations. However, when it becomes obsolete or outdated, several errors may pop in. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE is one such Bluetooth issue that appears due to the presence of corrupt drivers. Today, in this blog post, we provide a detailed troubleshooting guide to fix this bug on your device.
The prime reasons that cause the STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Bluetooth issue are recently installed Windows 10 Update or a faulty driver. Start with upgrading your operating system to the latest version and if none are available, uninstall the lately added cumulative update. If the error still occurs, update the existing Bluetooth drivers. Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver is another workaround to resolve this bug on your computer.
How to fix STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Bluetooth issue on Windows 10
To solve the STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Bluetooth issue, use the following workarounds –
1} Upgrade the existing Windows 10 version
Keeping Windows up to date may solve several Bluetooth errors like STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. So you must periodically check if there are any new security updates available for your device. Here’s how to proceed –
- Right-click on Windows and select Settings from the Power Menu.
- On the succeeding screen, select the Update & Security category.
- Next, click on the first entry i.e. Windows Update.
- Switch to the corresponding right pane and hit Check for Updates or Download (whichever available).
- This process will start the scan and automatically download the newly available patches.
- After installing updates, Restart your system to save the changes.
- Now check whether the STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Bluetooth issue is still there or not.
2} Remove recently installed Windows 10 Updates
Microsoft frequently releases new patches to enhance the overall performance of Windows 10. However, at times, this may bring in some error as well. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE is one such Bluetooth error where you won’t be able to use this application effectively. The best workaround to solve this is to remove the lately added cumulative update using the below steps –
- Jointly press “Win+I” keys to invoke Settings.
- From the category list, select Update & Security.
- Go to the right pane of Windows Update section and tap View installed update history.
- Click Uninstall Updates available at the top.
- Next, all of the recently installed patches will appear on your Display Screen.
- Select the latest update and hit the Uninstall button. See the Screenshot below –
- Once over, Restart your system and check whether Bluetooth is working fine or not.
3} Automatically Update the Bluetooth driver
Another reason that may lead to STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE error is due to a corrupt Bluetooth driver. This is why if you encounter this bug, you should try updating each and every driver under the Bluetooth category on Device Manager. Here are the steps to follow –
- Press Window key and X together to launch the Power menu.
- Tap over the Device Manager link from the available list.
- Now explore the Bluetooth section and put right-click on the driver.
- Thereafter select Update driver using the context menu.
- On the next page, hit Search automatically for updated driver software. See the Snapshot below –
- Wait for a while as this takes a few minutes to update the particular driver.
Lastly, Reboot your system so as to confirm the changes performed so far.
4} Uninstall and Reinstall the Bluetooth driver
In case, the error STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE persists even after updating the Bluetooth driver, one should uninstall then reinstall the same. Here’s how to proceed –
- Press Win & R shortcut to cite the Run dialog.
- Henceforth, type devmgmt.msc and hit OK.
- On the succeeding screen, expand the Bluetooth option.
- Here, do the right-click on each one of the available drivers and choose the Uninstall device option.
- After completing the above task, Restart the PC.
- The system will automatically search for the missing driver when you sign back in.
- If prompted, follow the on-screen instruction to install the Bluetooth driver on your device.
If not, visit your computer manufacturer’s official website and download the specific Bluetooth drivers.