The Sandbox is a new feature added to the insider preview 18305 in Windows 10. Using this, one can run any application without fear of getting affected by the host. Several users have reported that Sandbox is either not opening or not working after installing Insider Build 18305 v 19H1 on their System. Here in this article, we provide some quick insight to fix the Sandbox Issue in Windows 10.
Windows Sandbox is a part of OS that consists of so many new environments like a switch to Windows 10 pro or enterprise without downloading VHD. When the Sandbox is running, it cleans non-performing new installation continually. In a similar way, all the files are permanently deleted when Sandbox is closed on your System. This is a secure application and can be used for maximum memory utilization. Let’s move to see this in detail-
How to fix Windows Sandbox issue in Insider Build 18305 19H1
Here, we depict several ways to fix the Sandbox Issue in Windows 10 PC-
1. Turn Windows features on
- To resolve the problem, you need to turn Windows features ON by following these steps:
- Go to start and type Control panel. Click on the same result and let the app opens up.
- From the list of options, select “Programs and features”.
- Now switch to the left column and click on the Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Under the new dialog box, scroll down the cursor and locate Windows Sandbox here.
- Thereafter select the respective checkbox and activate this option.
- Finally, click OK and check if the Sandbox is now available to you after installing Insider Build 18305.1003 (KB4483214).
2. Uninstall cumulative update 180305.1003 (KB4483214)
You may fix the Sandbox not available issue in Insider Build 18305 19H1 by uninstalling the cumulative update i.e. 180305.1003 (KB4483214) and reinstalling it. To do this you need to go the update history and follow these steps-
Step-1: Press Win logo and I hotkey altogether to launch settings.
Step-2: Select the Update & security category thereafter select Windows Update option from the left column.
Step-3: Switch to the right-hand side and tap the Update History button. It will show the list of recently installed cumulative updates.
Step-4: Now click on the Uninstall Updates then select the cumulative update 180305.1003 from the control panel.
Step-5: Lastly, click the Uninstall button to remove this and restart your PC.
3. Install the Sandbox again
Once you have uninstalled the cumulative update 18305, the Sandbox will be uninstalled from the system by default. To install it back, you need to follow these steps-
- First of all, install Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, Insider build 18305 or newer version.
- Now go to Cortana and type Settings, click on the same result to open the app.
- Hit the App category hence forth Apps & Features.
- Scroll down the cursor and click on the Programs and Features option.
- Now click on Turn Windows Features on or off then enable the Windows Sandbox option.
- Lastly, click OK and wait until the System enables the Windows Sandbox.
To start Windows Sandbox, go to Start and enter Windows Sandbox then hit Enter key. Now you would be able to work with the Sandbox.
That would be all!