After installing the latest update insider preview Build 18309 in Windows 10, the Printer not working issue is experienced by several users. They have reported that they are unable to take print of any document due to pop up of error message or the printer fails to recognize the command. Microsoft has provided a quick solution to solve this issue which occurs on connected Printer either wired or wireless.
There is a possibility that the device driver of the printer got corrupted while installing insider preview build 18309. Therefore, uninstall the device driver and reinstall the same is a possible workaround to solve this issue. Run the Printer Troubleshooter might also help to detect the actual problem and try to resolve it if possible. Let’s go to see the solution:
Printer not working after update to Build 18309 in 19H1 Solution
Ways to solve Printer not working issue after update to Build 18309.
Sometimes loose wire or USB port could lead to the printer not working error. Hence before trying any process, disconnect the printer and reconnect it again to its respective port. If the issue is still available, try the below-mentioned fixes.
1. Run the Printer Troubleshooter
The printer troubleshooter is the best diagnostic tool, works to identify the problem inside the printer. If you don’t know how to do, here is the process-
- Press Win logo and I hotkey to launch Settings app.
- Here select Update & Security option.
- On the visible window, click on the Troubleshoot option from the left column.
- Switch to the right-hand side and do the click on the Printer option.
- Hit the Run the troubleshooter and wait until this tool detects the actual problem of your device.
- Once the fault is identified, follow the On-Screen instructions to resolve this trouble.
- When the task is finished, close all current windows and check if the Printer does not work after the update to Build 18309 issue has solved or not.
Note: If you are using an HP printer, visit HP Support to get more details related to its specific diagnostic tool.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the driver
As per Microsoft’s suggestion, when the printer stops working, it could hamper the system’s performance. This is because there might be a fault in the driver itself. Hence you need to uninstall the driver and reinstall this again by following the below steps-
Uninstall the driver
- At first, press Win logo and R altogether to open the Run dialog box.
- Here in the void box, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Locate your printer category from the list and expand it.
- Now right click on the same option and select uninstall from the context menu.
- There forth click again on the Uninstall button to confirm the process.
- Once the task is finished, Restart your Windows device.
Reinstall the Driver
Once the driver is completely removed from your system, you need to install it back in order to perform the work properly.
- To do this you need to visit the supported official website and search the latest chipset, touchpad and drivers depending upon your printer model.
- Next, download the printer and save it at a specific location.
- Succeed after that, open the file and install the printer driver.
- At last reboot your PC. I hope the Printer does not work after the update to Build 18309 issue is no longer available.
- If you have any queries related to this article, do ask us in the comment box.