Today, in this tutorial, we will discuss different ways to fix Netflix App Volume Remaining at 100% on Windows 10 issue. Stored cache, Enabled exclusive mode are some common reasons behind this bug. There is one simple way to resolve such issues i.e. mute the soundbar on the app for sometimes then unmute the same.
Disable Exclusive mode, Reset Netflix data, delete stored cache are some of the remarkable fixes to the Netflix trouble. If the above methods still don’t work, try uninstalling then reinstalling it back. Let’s discuss each method in more detail-
RECOMMENDED: How to use Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10
Methods to fix Netflix App Volume Remaining at 100% on Windows 10
Here, we discuss some of the finest ways to fix volume remaining at 100% in Netflix-
Disable Exclusive Mode
Sometimes using DTS or Dolby while streaming through HDMI or SPDIF may cause the volume to stuck at 100%. If that’s the case, you better disable the exclusive mode in playback and Restart your PC. Doing this might solve the issue; here are the steps to follow-
- Press Win and R shortcut key together to invoke Run dialog.
- Now in the text box, type mmsys.cpl followed by Enter to start the Sound window.
- If UAC (User Account Control) prompts, tap Yes.
- Make a right-click on the currently active device under the Playback device then select Properties option.
Note: If you don’t know how to choose the correct device, select the one that displays green color next to it.
- On the succeeding window, tap the Advanced tab and move to the Exclusive Mode section.
- Here, uncheck the checkbox Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- At last, hit Apply and OK button to confirm the changes.
Once you finish the above steps, Restart your System. Most probably, the Netflix issue won’t appear from next logon.
If the above method doesn’t fix the issue, users should try muting the Netflix sound for some time then unmute it back. When the soundbar appears on the app, reduce the volume to something around 50% using the sound control section on the same app. This may solve this bug in certain scenarios. If not, try the next workarounds.
Note: The important thing here to note is that this solves the problem temporarily. After restarting Netflix, the issue may appear again. Hence, you have to perform the above task again.
Resetting Netflix’s App Data
In a few cases, cache files may also prevent the smooth functioning of the Netflix app. If that’s the case, you should reset the Netflix app data. To do this, follow these easy steps-
- First of all, right-click on the Start and select Settings from the Power menu.
- On the Settings window, select Apps followed by Apps & Features category.
- Thereafter, slide to the corresponding right pane and scroll down the cursor until you find the Netflix app.
- After you locate this app, do the click on it, then choose Advanced Options.
- Henceforth, scroll down and tap the Reset button on the succeeding window.
- If any confirmation dialog appears, press Reset option again.
This will delete all the cache and garbage data that lie somewhere in your PC. At last, reboot your PC so as to confirm the changes so far.
Uninstall and Reinstall Netflix app
If you are still unable to address Volume Remaining at 100% issue in Netflix, the trouble might be in the botched UWP installed app. In such cases, it is better to uninstall the faulty application then reinstall its latest version. Here is the complete procedure-
- Jointly press Window key & I to invoke Settings.
- Select Apps there forth Apps & Features on the next window.
- Afterward, move to the right pane and locate Netflix among installed apps.
- Succeeding this, choose this app and hit the Uninstall button.
- If a confirmation message prompts, tap Yes.
After the app is removed from your device, do Restart your PC to delete leftovers files.
After rebooting your PC, it’s time to re-install Netflix back on your System. Here are the steps to consider-
- Go to the System tray and hit the Microsoft Store icon.
- When the Store app begins, type Netflix in the search field.
- Select the well-matching result and hit the Get button to download and later install this app.
Hope, this time Netflix surely works without popping volume issues.