Today, in this blog post, we depict the reasons that cause Minecraft fatal error on Windows 10 along with the proper solutions to fix this. Sandbox video game’s popularity is increasing day by day and so does of the Minecraft games.
The corrupt/ outdated graphics driver, outdated Minecraft application or the obsolete Java program are some prime reasons behind this fatal error on Minecraft. Windows Defender Firewall turned ON, lack of Memory space or HDD storage may also arise this trouble. Updating the display adapter, Minecraft, Java application, upgrading RAM will definitely help to fix this bug.
- Update graphics card drivers
- Disable Windows Defender firewall
- Update Minecraft
- Check for Java updates
- Upgrade your RAM
Ways to fix Minecraft fatal error on Windows 10
Here is how to solve Minecraft fatal error on your Windows 10 PC-
Fix:-1 Update Display adapters drivers
Graphics card plays a vital role while playing games. This makes the games run smoothly and more effective. However, if they do become obsolete, can also arise some issues thus restricting the launching of Minecraft game. To resolve this issue, updating the display adapter (Intel HD graphics) is a straightforward solution. Just follow these simple steps-
- At first, right-click on the Windows icon and select Device Manager from Power Menu.
- When Device Manager window launches, expand the Display Adapters option.
- Thereupon, put right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics and choose Update driver from the context menu.
- On the succeeding page, hit Search Automatically for an updated driver software feature.
- This will automatically download and install the latest version of the driver suitable as per your motherboard.
- Once the above process finishes, Restart your PC and see if the Minecraft fatal error has resolved. If not, try next workarounds-
Fix:-2 Disable Windows Defender firewall
Minecraft fatal error may also occur if you update this game while your Windows Defender Firewall is turned ON. Being enabled, Firewall can halt the update process of even genuine connection and thus result in this fatal error. To avoid this interrupting issue, you need to disable the Windows Defender Firewall temporarily and try upgrading the Minecraft. To do this, you need to follow these steps-
Step-1: Press Win and S hotkey together to open the Search icon.
Step-2: In the text area, type Control Panel then hit Enter key.
Step-3: Henceforth, click System and Security followed by Windows Defender Firewall on the next page.
Step-4: Go to the left pane and select Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or off.
Step-5: Now switch to the corresponding right-hand side and check the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” radio button.
Step-6: Subsequently, tap OK to confirm these changes.
Step-7: Lastly, download and install the latest version of Minecraft without receiving any fatal issue.
Note: Since the Windows Firewall will auto-enable after the next login, hence there is no need to turn this back ON.
Fix:-3: Update Minecraft
Minecraft tech experts release the updates frequently in order to keep the game error-free. In each new version, they introduce new features. If you are using an obsolete version of this game, do download and install the latest version. Here’s how to proceed-
- Firstly, start the Minecraft launcher.
- Next, go to the right side of the Play button and click the arrow icon.
- Subsequently, check the recently released updates and download/ install the same.
- Once finished, Reboot your computer. Now check if this solves the Minecraft fatal error or not.
Fix:-4 Check for Java updates
Since Minecraft is totally dependent on the Java application, you must install the latest java version. This, in turn, ensures the smooth running of the game. Owing to an outdated program, there may arise technical glitches on your Windows 10 PC. Updating its software works as a troubleshooting workaround to fix the Minecraft fatal error.
Note: In case, you have recently upgraded the Java and faced the issue, you need to roll back this update.
Fix:-5 Upgrade your RAM
If the hardware components are not suitable to run this game, may also begin Minecraft fatal error on your Windows 10 PC. The prime components are the RAM, “Integrated graphics” and HDD. Insufficiency of any of these may restrict you from playing Minecraft games.
If you are using older versions of the operating system and experience Minecraft fatal error, do check the hardware compatibility (primarily RAM). This is because, when the Random Access Memory reaches up to 100%, the chances of such interruption become high. Just check the memory status and upgrade if this is not sufficient.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys altogether and select Task Manager from the next screen.
- When the Taskbar window appears, go to the Performance tab and check the memory status.
- If the RAM usage reaches up to 100%, attach more RAM (is slot is available) to solve this trouble.
That would be all!