Did you encounter an error 0xD000000D while opening the Store app, or launching the applications downloaded from here? As you are here, you must be facing this issue and are looking for ways to fix it on Windows 11 or 10 PC. Worry not, as in this guide, we will discuss the probable reasons that could have triggered this bug and five solutions that may address this issue.
What may trigger an error code 0xD000000D in MS Store?
This error code may occur when your device meets one or more of the following conditions –
- Pending Windows updates
- Corrupted Store app
- After installing a faulty application
- Corruption inside the Windows Store folder
Microsoft Store Error 0xD000000D Solutions
To resolve the Store Error 0xD000000D in Windows 11/10, go through the below suggestions one by one and see if any fix this Store error. The solutions are as follows –
1] Troubleshoot Windows Store Apps
The best way to resolve errors occurring on the Store app is via troubleshooting it. Windows Store Apps troubleshooter is an in-built tool in Windows 11/10 that you may run to automatically find and address the causes behind. Here’s how to perform this task –
- Go to Settings (Win + I) > System > Troubleshoot.
- When this section expands, click Other troubleshooters.
- Under Others, scroll down to Windows Store Apps. When found, click the Run button available on it.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
- Press Win + I, select
Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Head over to the right pane and click Additional troubleshooters.
- Locate Windows Store Apps and when found, hit the button – Run the troubleshooter.
- This tool will then look for the underlying causes and resolve them.
2] Reset Microsoft Store
If the error 0xD000000D is still appearing, the stored cache must have become corrupted somehow. One may get rid of such files by simply repairing or resetting Microsoft Store. Here’s how to perform this task –
- Press Win + X and choose Apps and Features.
- On the right pane, locate Microsoft Store, and click the three vertical dots available next to it.
- When a pop-up window appears, hit the Advanced options.
- On the next screen, scroll down to the Reset section, and hit the Repair button. Clicking on this button will not delete any stored information including the sign-in password for different apps.
- However, if the issue occurs again, revisit the Reset section, and this time hit the Reset button.
Note: If you find the above method a bit lengthy, you may try the WSReset tool. For this to happen, you need to launch CMD as administrator and run the below code –
Reboot your PC and check if you can now open MS Store without getting into any bugs or issues.
3] Uninstall problematic or faulty apps
In case this error 0xD000000D starts occurring after you install a faulty app, uninstall that program and check if this resolves the issue that you are struggling with.
4] Reinstall Windows Store using PowerShell
If the error 0xD000000D is still appearing and preventing you from downloading new apps, you better reinstall the Store app. There’s no direct way to uninstall the Store app via Windows Settings. So, launch PowerShell as admin and run the below cmdlet –
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName
- This will run and display all the apps installed on your computer. Locate Microsoft Store and copy what’s in the column of PackageFullName next to it.
- Now, copy/paste the below command and press Enter –
Remove-AppxPackage -package PackageFullName
Note: Make sure to replace PackageFullName with the one that you copied before. This command will uninstall the Store app first and then install it back.
- Restart your PC and check if the 0xD000000D issue resolves.
Do tell us in the comment section which solution exactly resolves the 0xD000000D error on your Windows PC.
5] Clean install Windows 11/10
If neither of the above workarounds resolves this error code, you better clean install Windows 11/10. Here’s a guide on how to fresh install Windows 10 or clean install Windows 11.
I hope this guide helps you to resolve the Store error 0xD000000D on your device. Let’s know in the comment section if you face any difficulty following the solutions discussed in this post.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.