When you start up your computer, you will often see the login failed error 0xC0210000 on your Windows 10 PC. Most probably, this bug generates after Windows Update and users won’t be able to reach out to Main Screen. Instead, they receive an error message displaying BitLocker key wasn’t loaded correctly. Today, in this article, we will discuss four different ways to fix this issue on your PC.
There might be many different reasons that can cause login failed error 0xC0210000 on your system, but BitLocker is the prime culprit. Disable BitLocker if enabled on any particular drive, Power recycling, and turn off Hyper-V are some helpful workarounds to fix this problem. In case they all fail, try Resetting Windows Defender Credential Guard. If this even doesn’t solve the underlying cause, you better fix this issue by changing the values of a few registry keys.
- Power cycle the computer
- Disable BitLocker
- Disable Hyper-V during the system upgrade
- Reset Windows Defender Credential Guard
- Restart Registry keys
Login failed error code 0xC0210000 in Windows 10 Solution
Here is the detailed description of how to fix login failed error 0xC0210000 in Windows 10
1] Power cycle the computer
If you can’t log in to your system, the power cycle of the computer may help to resolve this issue. It requires BitLocker keys in case you have started on a specific drive. Follow these steps sequentially-
- At first, unplug all the peripheral devices except Keyboard and Mouse.
- Log out of the system and wait until it shuts down completely.
- Now hold the Power button for approx 15-20 seconds.
- If the system asks for the BitLocker keys, put them here then let the system boot up.
2] Disable BitLocker
If the login failed error 0xC0210000 continues to appear while booting, you need to turn off the enabled BitLocker on your system. Here are the steps to proceed-
- Press the Window key and S together to launch the search bar.
- In the Text box, type Control Panel then hit well-matched results.
- Under the System and Security category, select the BitLocker Drive Encryption option.
- Now, Move to the Fixed data drive section and then click the Turn Off BitLocker option.
- Again, click on the Turn off BitLocker on the new dialog to disable BitLocker on any specific drive.
- A few seconds later, you will receive a confirmation message about turning off this protection.
Note: If other devices have also set BitLocker, you need to repeat the above process to turn them off.
3] Disable Hyper-V during the system upgrade
Disable Hyper-V during the update is another workaround to solve login failed error 0xC0210000 in your Windows PC. Here is the detailed process-
- Open the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Then click the Turn Windows features on or off option on the left pane.
- Locate Hyper-V from the list and unmark the checkbox.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- Once finished, Restart your system.
Note: This option can only disable Hyper-V temporarily. This will automatically get enabled after the upgrade.
4] Reset Windows Defender Credential Guard
You can solve error 0xC0210000 also by enabling Windows Defender Credential Guard. All you require is to follow these easy steps on Group Policy Editor-
1. Go to Cortana and type Group Policy Editor in the text box. Once found, do the click on it.
2. When the new window comes into view, navigate to the following path-
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Guard.
3. Here, expand Turn On Virtualization Based Security followed by the Enabled radio button on the next screen.
4. Again, move to the Select Platform Security Level drop-down menu thereafter select Secure Boot or Secure Boot and DMA Protection option.
5. Go ahead to Credential Guard Configuration section and choose Enabled with the UEFI lock option.
Note: You can also disable Windows Defender Credential Guard remotely. To do this, select Enabled without the lock.
6. Scroll down to the lower section on the same page then click Apply and OK button to save the changes.
7. Finally close the Group Policy console and check if the problem login failed error 0xC0210000 has been fixed or not.
5] Restart Registry keys
Registry tweak is another important sector of Windows that contains a huge database about system hardware. Hence, you can adjust a few settings to manage a series of issues like error 0xC0210000 on your system.
- Press Win & R altogether to launch the Run dialog.
- In the void area, type regedit and hit OK.
- If UAC appears, select Yes.
- Now reach out to the following address-
- Switch to the right pane of the consecutive window then right-click on the following keys.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Modify option then reset the DWORD value to 0.
- Now tap the OK button to save the changes and Restart your PC.
Note: Wrongdoings on the registry might create serious problems or even corrupt your OS. So be careful while doing changes in this section. It is better to create a Restore Point to recover from unwanted loss.
What causes the user Profile Service failed to logon?
You may encounter the error “The User Profile Service failed the logon” when trying to log in to your account on Windows. This happens when your user profile is corrupted after a recent Windows update or malware attack.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.