Login failed error 0xC0210000 is one of the nagging issues that appear while booting up your PC. Most probably, this bug generates after Windows Update and users won’t be able to reach out to Main Screen. Instead, they receive an error message displaying
Bit Locker key wasn’t loaded correctly. Today, in this article, we discuss four different ways to fix this issue on your PC.
There are distinct reasons that can cause login failed error 0xC0210000 on your system, but BitLocker is the prime culprit. Disable BitLocker if enabled on any particular drive, Power recycling and turn off Hyper-V are some helpful workarounds to fix this problem. In case they all fail, try Resetting Windows Defender Credential Guard. If this even doesn’t solve the underlying cause, you better fix this issue by changing the values of a few registry keys.
- Power cycle the computer
- Disable Bit locker
- Disable Hyper-V during the system upgrade
- Reset Windows Defender Credential Guard
- Restart Registry keys
Login failed error code 0xC0210000 in Windows 10 Solution
Here is the detailed description on how to fix login failed error 0xC0210000 in Windows 10-
Power cycle the computer
If you can’t log in to your system, the power cycle of the computer may help to resolve this issue. It requires Bit-locker keys in case you have started on a specific drive. Follow these steps sequentially-
- At first, unplug all the peripheral devices except Keyboard and Mouse.
- Log out of the system and wait until it shuts down completely.
- Now hold the Power button for approx 15-20 seconds.
- If the system asks for the Bit locker keys, put it here then let the system boot up.
Disable Bit locker
If the login failed error 0xC0210000 continues to appear while booting, you need to turn off enabled bit-locker on your system. Here are the steps to proceed-
- Press Window key and S together to launch the search bar.
- In the Text box, type Control Panel then hit well-matched results.
- Under the System and Security category, select the Bit-locker Drive Encryption option.
- Now, Move to the Fixed data drive section there forth click Turn Off Bit-locker option.
- Again, click on the Turn off Bit-locker on the new dialog to disable Bit-locker on any specific drive.
- A few seconds later, you will receive a confirmation message about turning off this protection.
Note: If other devices have also set Bit locker, you need to repeat the above process to turn them off.
Disable Hyper-V during the system upgrade
Disable Hyper-V during the update is another workaround to solve login failed error 0xC0210000 in your Windows PC. Here is the detailed process-
- Jointly press Win & X shortcut key to launch Power Menu.
- From the search result, select Apps and Features option.
- Again, scroll down the cursor on its corresponding right pane and hit Programs and Features link.
- Succeeding after, select Turn Windows features on or off option on the left pane. See Snapshot-
- Henceforth, locate Hyper-V from the list and unmark the checkbox.
- Subsequently, click OK to save the changes.
- Once finished, Restart your system.
Note: This option can only disable Hyper-V temporarily. This will automatically get enabled after the upgrade.
Reset Windows Defender Credential Guard
You can solve error 0xC0210000 also by enabling Windows Defender Credential Guard. All you require is to follow these easy steps on Group Policy Editor-
1. Go to Cortana and type Group Policy Editor in the text box. Once found, do the click on it.
2. When the new window comes into view, navigate to the following path-
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Guard.
3. Here, expand Turn On Virtualization Based Security followed by Enabled radio button on the next screen.
4. Again, move to Select Platform Security Level drop-down menu thereafter select Secure Boot or Secure Boot and DMA Protection option.
5. Go ahead to Credential Guard Configuration section and choose Enabled with the UEFI lock option.
Note: You can also disable Windows Defender Credential Guard remotely. To do this, select Enabled without the lock.
6. Scroll down to the lower section on the same page then click Apply and OK button to save the changes.
7. At last, come out of Group Policy console and check if the problem login failed error 0xC0210000 has fixed or not.
Restart Registry keys
Registry tweak is another important sector of Windows that contains a huge database about system hardware. Hence, you can adjust a few settings to manage a series of issues like error 0xC0210000 on your system.
- Press Win & R altogether to launch Run dialog.
- In the void area, type regedit and hit OK.
- If UAC appears, select Yes.
- Now reach out to the following address-
- Switch to the right pane of the consecutive window then right-click on the following keys.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Modify option then reset the DWORD value to 0.
- Now tap the OK button to save the changes and Restart your PC.
Hope, the above fixes help you to solve login failed error 0xC0210000 on Windows 10 PC.