Google Chrome screen flashing issue is one of the recent bugs that many users are facing on Windows 10. It appears primarily when you are surfing on Chrome Web-Browser. You can use cleanup tools to avoid such problems on your System.
RESTORO is a great repair tool that automatically finds and repairs different issues on Windows OS. Having this tool will protect your PC against malicious codes, hardware failures, and several other bugs. Moreover, this also ensures you use your device to its fullest capabilities and performance.
Get the Restoro Tool
The general troubleshoot is Windows background and color settings, disable hardware acceleration option, etc. In case, this bug re-appears while browsing data, update the Video card driver to its latest version. Let’s explore these workarounds in detail-
Recommended: ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED chrome issue in Windows 10
Fix- Google Chrome screen flashing issue on Windows 10
Here we have explained different ways to fix the Google Chrome screen flashing issue on Windows 10.
1. Windows background and color settings
In general, an automatic background is a prime culprit behind the flashing screen error on Google Chrome. Hence, you should change the wallpaper images and colors as well. Here is how to proceed-
- Press Win & I hotkey altogether to launch the Settings app.
- Subsequently, tap the Personalization category followed by Background on the left column.
- Now switch to the right pane, and using the Background drop-down menu pick Solid color from the list.
- Henceforth, go to Choose your picture section and select any static background as per your choice.
- Succeeding after, come back to the left pane and hit Colors.
- Again jump to the right pane and mark against the checkbox Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
Once it is finished, close all current windows and re-open Google Chrome again. I hope this time, you won’t face the Google Chrome screen flashing issue on Windows 10 PC.
2. Disabled hardware acceleration option
If you continue struggling with the screen flickering problem while working on Chrome, disabling this option may resolve the issue. If you don’t know how to proceed, here are the steps –
- First of all, open Google Chrome and click on the ellipse icon right next to the address bar.
- Select Settings from the list, thereafter scroll the cursor down and tap the Advanced link.
- Next, disable the toggle switch Use hardware acceleration when available under the System category.
Once finished, Restart your system and see whether this trouble disappears or not. If not, try the next workaround.
3. Update Video card driver
If the Chrome screen flashing issue is still there, this might be due to the existence of outdated video cards. Therefore, you should update this missing driver on your PC. Performing this task is quite easy, just follow these steps-
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager from the list of options.
- On the next window, expand Display adapters thereafter right click on installed Video card driver.
- Select Update driver from the context menu followed by Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Henceforth, follow on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Once this is over, Restart your system so that changes made so far come into effect.
Hope this method surely helps you to encounter the screen flickering bug.