In this guide, we will discuss what causes an error code 0xa0430721 while installing Edge or Chrome browsers and the correct ways to repair it on Windows PC.
Editor Tip: RESTORO is a great software that can automatically find and resolve update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows 11/10 PC. Having this tool ensures that you can use your device to its fullest capacity.
Download: RESTORO PC Repair Tool
Edge browser users encounter this issue when the related registry entry got corrupted somehow on their computers. They may fix this issue simply by deleting that entry. If you don’t find that entry inside the registry, download Edge’s offline installer and install it on your PC.
For Chrome users, the solutions differ. They encounter this bug either while attempting to run a corrupted installer or when the system apps are preventing the Chrome installation. To resolve this issue then, boot into the Safe boot and retry the installation.
How to Fix Error 0xa0430721 on Windows 11/10
If you are getting an error code 0xa0430721 while installing Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on Windows 11/10, try these workarounds one by one –
1] Fix Microsoft Edge installation issue
These are the steps that you may attempt to fix Edge installation issue on Windows 11 or 10 PC –
Modify registry settings
Corrupted registry entries on Windows PC might cause problems installing the Edge browser on Windows. So, you need to repair the damaged entries to fix installing Edge on Windows without getting into error 0xa0430721.
Note: Do back up your registry editor before making any changes to it.
- Press Win + R to launch the Run dialog.
- Type “
regedit” and hit OK.
- The UAC window will prompt next, hit Yes to authorize opening Registry Editor.
- On the registry, navigate to the below path –
- Right-click on the “F3C4FE00-EFD5-403B-9569-398A20F1BA4A” entry and click Delete.
- A warning window will appear confirming this entry deletion, hit Yes.
- Now that you have deleted the above-told entry, restart your PC next.
Boot back into Windows 11/10 and try again to install Microsoft Edge using the installer. You may get the Edge installer from its official site.
Run the Edge installer as Administrator
Once you have the offline installer for Microsoft Edge, do the following to install it on your Windows PC –
- Right-click on the downloaded Edge’s offline installer, and select the option – Run as administrator.
- Let this setup file install successfully on your computer.
- Don’t perform any other task while the Edge installation is going on.
- I hope you now have the Edge browser running on your device.
2] Fix Error 0xa0430721 on Chrome
This error while installing Chrome appears only when you meet the following two conditions –
Now that you know why the error 0xa0430721 occurs for Google Chrome, do the following to counter these two scenarios –
Using a corrupted Chrome installer
This may occur that you have downloaded a corrupted file thus you can’t install the Chrome browser on your PC. One may fix this issue by getting the right and official installer by visiting Chrome’s site. Once you have the correct installer, right-click on it and choose the option – Run as administrator.
System apps are preventing this browser installation
In case the error 0xa0430721 is still occurring while installing Google Chrome, boot into the Clean Boot state, and retry the installation. Here’s how to enter the Clean boot state in Windows 11/10 –
- Press Win + S to launch the Search window.
- Type “System configuration” and click over the top result.
- On the upcoming window, go to the Boot tab, and select “Safe boot” under Boot options.
- The Minimal checkbox will be selected automatically.
- Click Apply then OK to enter the Clean boot state on your Windows Machine.
- Windows will shut down and boot into the Safe boot next.
- When Windows reloads, go to the folder where you have downloaded the Chrome offline installer.
- Right-click on this file and choose the option – “Run as administrator“.
I hope this fixes the error 0xa0430721 when installing Google Chrome on Windows 11 or 10 PC.
- Fix: Error 429 Too Many Requests in Google Chrome
- How to set Chrome or Mozilla as the Windows 11 default browser
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool.This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.