Did you perceive Windows Defender or Sandbox error 0x800705b4 while opening them after a recent update your Windows 10. If yes, something might get disturbed and hence you must adjust the basic settings. Here, in this blog post, we analyze its probable reasons at the same time provide easy workarounds.
Faulty drivers or malicious services are the best reasons behind Windows Defender or Sandbox issue after update. Run Windows Update troubleshooter, update driver, change system Settings, delete malicious services, and create a new DWORD key on Registry might assist you to fix this bug. In case, the problem still persists even after the above fixes, perform a clean boot then try to open these apps.
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Change Windows Update Settings
- Delete Some Related Files
- Perform a Clean Boot then Install the Updates Again
- Update the Drivers
- Using Registry Tweak
RECOMMENDED: Fix: Windows Update error 0x8007139f on Windows 10
Ways to fix Windows Defender or Sandbox Error 0x800705b4 on Windows 10
Let’s explore step-wise workarounds to solve Windows Defender or Sandbox Error 0x800705b4 after installing Windows 10 Update-
1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Update Troubleshooter is an inbuilt Windows application that can detect the possible culprit behind Error 0x800705b4. If found, this will also fix the same. Here is the step-wise procedure-
- Jointly press Win & I key to cite Settings.
- Here, select Update & Security there forth Troubleshoot at the left column.
- Again, switch to the right panel and do the click on Windows Update.
- Finally, tap Run the troubleshooter button.
- This will auto-detect and rectify the reason of this bug and mitigate its effect as well.
Lastly, Restart your Windows Machine so that it saves the current changes.
2. Change Windows Update Settings
In certain scenarios, wrongdoings in Windows Update may also result in Windows Defender or Sandbox app fail to start. To avoid error 0x800705b4, one should perform a few modifications to its internal settings. Here are the steps to follow-
Step-1: Right-click on Windows icon and select Settings from the Power menu.
Step-2: Hit Update & Security thereafter Windows Update on the left column.
Step-3: Switch to the right pane and hit Advanced options.
Step-4: Next Reset the toggle switch “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows”.
Step-5: Thereafter, go back to the previous page and retry Check for Update.
When you receive the confirmation message “your system is up to date“, Restart your system.
After the next login, try to open Windows Defender or Windows Sandbox; they should run normally. If not, follow below workarounds.
3. Delete Some Related Files
According to several user’s views, the existence of missing running services may also lead to error 0x800705b4 too. To fix this problem, you should delete such files by following these steps-
- Press Win & S hotkey together to start Cortana.
- Type services in text area then hit Enter key to launch the window.
- From the list of running services, locate and right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- Next select the Stop button on the context menu.
- Again, do the right click on Windows Update and choose Stop.
- Now close the services window and open File Explorer instead.
- Next, browse to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and remove all the files that lie under this folder.
Note: In case, some files are not deleted; repeat the above process again. Here, you must delete the Download and DeliveryOptimation folder.
- At last, Restart your system so that PC processes the above changes.
4. Perform a Clean Boot then Install the Updates Again
Sometime when OS is not working properly, it may arise such problems like- error 0x800705b4. Performing a clean boot might help you to solve this issue. To do this, you have to go through the below steps-
- First of all, type msconfig on Cortana’s search bar followed by Enter to launch System Configuration window.
- Here, tap the Services tab and mark the checkbox Hide all Microsoft services.
- Subsequently, hit Disable all button to deactivate these services.
- Henceforth, tap the Startup tab and do the click on Open Task Manager.
- Now select all the startup program which is suspected as to cause interference.
- There forth, hit the Disable button and come out of Task Manager.
- Next, do the click on OK to save these changes and Restart your PC.
Once the above task is over, try to open Windows Defender or Sandbox again, hope you can do it without receiving error 0x800705b4.
5. Update the Drivers
Sometime an obsolete or corrupt device driver may generate Windows Defender or Sandbox Error 0x800705b4 on your System. To manage any of these arbitrary issues, you must keep the driver up to date by following these steps-
- Make a Right-click on Start button and select Device Manager using the power menu.
- On next window, expand each category and see if there is a yellow exclamation mark against any driver.
- If found, do the right click on specific driver then choose Update Driver option on the context menu.
- A new window will launch on the display screen. Here, select Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- This will automatically install and update the latest and suitable driver as per your system configuration.
When you complete above steps, do restart your system so that changes made so far come into effect.
6. Using Registry Tweak
You can also use the registry editor to fix error 0x800705b4 on your System. Follow these easy steps-
- Press Win+R shortcut key together to begin Run dialog.
- Here, type regedit at void followed by Enter to start Registry Editor.
- A UAC prompt may appear asking your consent, hit Yes to proceed ahead.
- Henceforth, navigate to following path on the left column of next window-
- Once reached, move to its corresponding right pane and create a new DWORD entry.
- Succeeding after, assign following values to keys-
- At last, close all running windows then Reboot your PC.
Hope this time, you won’t face this error message on your PC.