Do you experience the Audio Service needs restart issue on your Windows 10 Device? If yes, then worry not, as here we have brought some easy tips to tackle this trouble. Several users have reported that they get the “Windows Audio Service need a restart” error message when they try to log in. The same problem is also encountered while running video, music or playing games.
In a few cases, this is observed while watching YouTube or browsing on IE, Edge, Firefox, etc. The possible culprits behind this nuisance might be obsolete drivers, huge cache data or setup issues in Audio Services itself. Hence performing a clean boot, Restart Audio Service and Update related driver can resolve this bug. Let’s move to diagnose Audio Service needs restart issue in detail-
How to fix Audio Service needs restart issue on Windows 10
Here is the complete guide on how to solve Audio Service requires reboot while signing into Windows 10-
1. Perform Clean Boot
The clean boot is a perfect program that requires only a few sets of drivers and software to start up. Thus, it mitigates the chances of occurrence of any such issue. Here are the steps-
Step 1: At first open your system as Administrator, in case you don’t know, you can open this page for further details.
Step 2: Press Win logo and R hotkey together to launch Run dialogue box.
Step 3: Here, type MSConfig in the void then hit Enter to proceed further.
Step 4: Tap Services tab and activate the checkbox Hide all Microsoft services henceforth hit Disable all button.
Step 5: Now choose the Startup tab followed by the Open Task Manager option.
Step 6: Again, select the particular program which is supposed to create a nuisance then hit the Disable button. Repeat this step till all of the running programs are closed.
Step 7: Once the task is finished, close Task Manager and hit OK on the System Configuration window.
Restart your device and most probably the error won’t be there on your System. If you are still struggling with this trouble, try the next workarounds.
2. Restart the Windows Audio Service
If the above method doesn’t help to rectify Audio Service needs restart issue, this might be due to the trouble in running Audio Services. Hence Restart this option and set it as manual. To perform the task, just follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Press Windows key & R together then type Services.msc in the empty bar and hit Enter.
- When the Services window opens up, locate Windows Audio Services.
- Once found, right-click on the same and select Restart.
- Now double click on the same services to launch Properties window.
- Under General Tab, Stop the services in Running status.
- Set the Startup time to “Automatic” followed by Apply and OK buttons to save the changes made so far.
- Repeat the same process again for Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Service and Multimedia Class Scheduler Service (If they do occur in your system).
- At last, Restart your computer, and you can now play video as well as music. Hope the issue Audio Service needs a restart issue is solved, however, if not, try the next workaround.
3. Update your audio driver
The old or missing driver might also be responsible for this Audio Service requires reboot issue. The best way to solve this problem is to update audio drivers to their latest versions. Here is how to download and install the same-
- Jointly press Win logo and X to launch the Start option.
- From the list, select Device Manager followed by the Enter key.
- Henceforth, expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” category.
- Here right-click on the “High Definition Audio device” option thereafter select Update Driver option from the context menu.
- Succeeding after click “Search automatically for updated driver software” and wait till a copy of the driver is downloaded. This option might vary according to your Windows versions.
- Once the task is completed, the message “The best driver software for your device is already installed” will pop up on Desktop Screen.
- Reboot your system and see the changes, you can now play the audio/ video again.
- Lastly, Restart your system and play the audio/video again. Hope this time your system will smoothly do the task without having any interruption.