The error code 0xC004C008 is a known windows activation problem. When you get this error, this implies that the product key you are using is being used to activate more devices than the Microsoft software license term allows. However, if you want to activate Windows 10 on a previously activated computer, you may do so as many times as you want.
In this post, we have outlined four easy ways to activate Windows 10. The solutions discussed in this article will work only if you have or had previously a genuine product key. If not, visit Microsoft’s official site and buy one. While receiving this issue, you may get the following error message as well –
Error 0xC004C008, The activation server determined that the specified product key could not be used
1] Use Digital License linked to your Microsoft Account
As you are here, you must have lost your product key somehow. Just try remembering whether you have logged in to your Microsoft account previously when Windows 10 was activated on your computer. If yes, then you may solve the issue instantly. All you require is to install the same Windows 10 edition that you were using earlier i.e. Home, Pro, or Enterprise. Once you are on the same edition, sign-in to your Microsoft account that bears a digital license. The rest will be taken care of by your operating system whenever you connect to an active internet connection.
2] Windows Activation Troubleshooter
Activation Troubleshooter is the best way to know the reasons that might have caused the 0xC004C008 error. Here’s how to run this tool –
- Press Windows Key + I.
- Select Update & Security > Activation.
- Head over to the right pane and click the Troubleshoot button.
- Running this tool will look for possible reasons and provide a fix to resolve the issue.
- Follow the instructions provided above to solve the respective activation issue.
Kindly note that this is not a solution rather a way to know the reasons that might have caused this bug on your computer. To run troubleshooter, you must sign in to Windows 10 as an Administrator.
3] Make a Phone Call to fix 0xC004C008
If following the above guideline doesn’t solve the issue at hand and you do have an installation ID, you may follow these steps –
- Make a right-click on the Windows icon and select Run.
- Type “SLUI 4” in the Run command window and press Enter.
- When a Phone Activation window appears in front of you, select the country where you reside, and press Enter again.
- Make a call on the telephone number available on the screen.
- When asked, provide the Installation ID.
- If asked about the number of active installations with this ID, choose one. In case you select any other option, the call will disconnect automatically.
- If everything seems to be okay, they will provide a confirmation ID over the phone.
- Fill in the details and click the Activate button.
- I hope you do now succeed to solve the 0xC004C008 issue on your device.
4] Customer care support
If none of the above methods help to solve this bug, you may contact Microsoft customer care support directly by dialing 18009365700 on your phone. When connected, explain the issue that you were getting while activating Windows. They will definitely assist you in solving the 0xC004C008 trouble.