Microsoft, in general, brings the latest updates for Windows 10 on a monthly basis that doesn’t require any extra cost. However, in a few cases, users simply fail to activate their PCs after performing installing a recent patch. If that’s the case, one would start receiving the failed OEM activation error 0xC004F025 along with a message”We can’t activate Windows on this device right now“. Today, in this guide, we discuss the possible reasons as well as potential workarounds to quickly solve this Windows Activation Error 0xC004F025 on your system.
Basically this is an account type login error that occurs while activating Windows 10 OS. Sometimes error code 0xC004F025 may also appear if the entered product key is not genuine. First and foremost, one should try executing a simple code on the Command Prompt to fix this bug. Moreover, Run Activation Troubleshooter, Re-check the product key, fresh install Windows OS after hardware changes are some nice workarounds that might resolve this activation issue.
How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F025
Here, we discuss five different workarounds that can resolve the Activation Error 0xC004F025 on Windows 10 PC-
Note: Before proceeding ahead to the solutions, make sure that you have stable internet connection.
1} Using Command Prompt
If you are denied the access of login Screen due to failed activation error, running slmgr.vbs -rearm command may resolve this anomaly. This command erases all the attributes there forth resets the license status thus fixing the Windows Activation Error 0xC004F025. Here’s how to proceed-
- Press Windows key and X hotkey altogether to launch the Power menu.
- From the list of options, select the Run option.
- In the text area, type cmd and simultaneously hit Ctrl+ Shift+Enter keys combination.
- If UAC prompts, tap Yes.
- On the elevated command prompt, type the following code and press the Enter key.
- Hit OK on the succeeding screen to confirm the following task.
- Once the setup completes successfully, Restart your system.
You may now try to activate Windows 10 OS and see the immediate effects.
2} Perform Windows 10 activation troubleshooter
The activation troubleshooter is another in-built tool of Windows 10 that can solve the Error 0xC004F025. This task is quite easy to perform following the below steps-
Note: To use this method, login into your PC as an Administrator. In case, you don’t have this account, Create a local user or administrator account manually on Windows 10 device.
- Click the Start button and select the Settings (gear) icon.
- On the next window, select Update & Security thereafter Activation option on the left pane.
- Switch to the corresponding right-hand side and hit the Troubleshoot button.
- This process will automatically detect and repair the underlying faults that restrict Windows 10 activation.
Note: The Troubleshoot option comes into effect only if you are having Windows 10 1607 or higher version and there are pending updates. The moment you update your existing OS to the latest build, this option will automatically disappear.
3} Check the product key
In certain scenarios, when you upgrade Windows to its latest version using an incorrect product key, this may arise activation issues. All you need is to re-confirm the key-value going through the below steps-
- At first, launch the Settings app using Win+I hotkey.
- Expand Update & Security category followed by Activation from the left column.
- Move to the right pane and hit Change product key link under Update product key section.
- Henceforth, type the genuine Windows activation key and hit the Next button.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the ongoing task.
Doing this should help to fix the Windows Activation Error 0xC004F025 on your computer.
Note: If you don’t have any genuine Windows product key, buy the same from Microsoft Store then try the above steps.
4} Perform a clean install of Windows
If the above fixes don’t resolve the activation bug and you are still facing the Error 0xC004F025, the OS might have become corrupt. If that’s the case, one should perform a clean installation of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Here’s how to proceed-
- Insert the Windows installation media to its respective port and Restart your PC.
- When the BIOS is loading, press any of the function keys like F2, F4, F10, Del, Esc or backspace.
- On the succeeding screen, select the Next followed by the Install now button.
- Subsequently, type the authorized product key and accept the license term checkbox.
- Tap the Next button, there forth Custom install Windows only (advanced) on the following page.
- Now, Delete the previous partition and reallocate the available memory space.
- Fill in the Region, language, ID, Password and other required credentials on the OOBE setup page to verify the setup file.
You may now enjoy the updated Windows 10 OS without encountering the activation error 0xC004F025.
5} Reactivate Windows after a hardware change
Recent hardware change may also erupt the Windows OEM activation error 0xC004F025. The same is the case for motherboard or any other major replacement. If you have performed any changes to the hardware, you have to reload the Windows 10 using a genuine product key.
Note: For more queries, contact the Microsoft website and ask for help from the support team to solve this activation error 0xC004F025.