Did you recently make any hardware change to your computer and could not be able to activate Windows 10 on account of 0x803FABB8 error? Well, in this post, we will discuss the probable reasons behind this issue along with four ways to solve this.
The activation error 0x803FABB8 mainly occurs when your computer fails to read any digital license associated with your account after replacing hardware like processor, motherboard, or hard disk. Since you have changed the hardware, the necessary information is lost as well. You can still revive your Windows if you know your product key or the account that you use to store the digital license. Let’s explore the workarounds in detail –
Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803FABB8 Solutions
To solve the activation error 0x803FABB8 in Windows 10, go through the following suggestions –
1. Use a genuine product key
This bug mainly occurs when Microsoft’s sever identifies your product key as not genuine. Or, you are not entering the product key correctly. If you had purchased a genuine product key for your Windows 10 device and had logged in using your Microsoft credentials, you may solve this problem easily. This is because there must lie a digital license linked to your Microsoft account. All you require is to log in to your Windows using the same “user-id and password”.
If you don’t own a genuine product key, we recommend purchasing one by visiting the official site.
2. Use Digital License to solve Error 0x803FABB8
As stated earlier, when you sign-in using a valid Microsoft account on an activated Windows, your account gets associated with a digital license. You may take note of this key before performing any hardware change on your computer.
- Click the Windows logo and select the gear icon i.e. Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Activation.
- On the right screen, check what’s written next to the Activation section.
- If you don’t find “Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account” written next to the activation, scroll down, and click Add an account.
- Now, use a valid user-id and password to log into your Microsoft account.
- That’s it, your account is now linked with a digital license.
You may now perform any hardware changes to your device. After performing the necessary changes, fresh install Windows 10 (in case of hard disk replacement only). Make sure to remain on the same Windows 10 edition that you were using before changing the hardware.
- When Windows is ready to use, use Microsoft credentials to log-into your account.
- Windows will automatically look for any digital license attached to your account and activate your device.
Note: If you hadn’t replaced the hard disk, you may follow the below guideline –
- Sign-in to your computer and navigate to the following –
Settings (Win + I) > Update & Security > Recovery > Troubleshoot
- On the right pane, click “I changed hardware on this device recently“.
- When prompted, fill in your valid Microsoft user-id and password.
- Subsequently, select the device that you are currently using and mark the box that reads – “This is the device I’m using right now”.
- At last, click activate.
3. Troubleshoot Windows 10 Activation
If you are not able to activate Windows 10 copy because of a re-occurring 0x803FABB8 activation error, you may take the help of the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Running this tool will check for possible reasons causing this and suggest ways to get rid of this bug.
- First of all, press Win + I to launch the Settings window.
- Click Update & Security > Activation.
- Jump to the right side and click Troubleshoot.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to read and analyze the reasons behind it.
- Follow the instructions suggested by the troubleshooter and Reboot Windows.
4. Make a phone call to activate Windows
If you are still getting this error and you do have a valid product key, make a phone call to activate your device. To do so, use these steps –
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows key and R.
- Type “
slui 4” without quotes and click OK.
- On the next screen, select the region where you live at present.
- When you get a call from Microsoft and asked to provide the installation ID, do the same. See the snapshot below –
- If they find your installation id correct in their database, they will provide you a confirmation ID instantly.
- Click Activate.
- Once your Windows get activated, end the phone call, and restart your PC.
That’s it, I hope this article helps to resolve the activation error 0x803FABB8 on your computer. If you have any queries or suggestions, let us know in the comment section.