Chrome Canary is still in developing mode and is testing numerous new things that may become an essential feature once the company releases the stable version. The WebUI Tab Strip is one such attribute on google chrome that transforms its user interface. After enabling this feature, this adds a featured page comprising thumbnail previews of running web-pages which is quite touch-friendly UI.
The above snapshot represents how your Chrome canary will appear after you perform the required changes. This reminds of the Classic Opera 12, wherein, the appearance matches. It resembles EdgeHTML (out of the box without configuring any settings) as well. The Company is experimenting with several new features, out of which this quite adds a charm to the Chrome Canary’s Tab bar.
Although the WebUI Tab Strip is still in an experimental phase, one can turn on the same after enabling three free flags. There is no doubt that this new attribute improves the user experience while working on Chrome Web-browser. Let’s learn the steps on how to enable this feature on your PC –
How to Turn On WebUI Tab Strip on Chrome Canary
To enable WebUI Tab Strip on Google Chrome, use the steps –
- At first, launch the Chrome Canary web-browser.
- Now, type the following at its address bar and press Enter –
- Here, select Enabled option using the drop-down menu against the highlighted WebUI tab strip flag. See the Snapshot below –
- Next, hit the Relaunch button to confirm the above changes.
- Henceforth, enable the flags “Touch UI Layout” and “WebUI tab strip demo options” using the following path –
- Once you turn on all three flags as described above, Restart Chrome Canary to make the recent changes effective.
That’s it, you may now open multiple tabs and see the changes yourself.