Microsoft Edge team is working hard for making its browser more competitive with the other companies. The much-awaited features Fullscreen Mode in Chromium Edge is finally made available with version 80.0.335.0. The software giant is testing this feature in the new Edge browser and is available behind a flag in Canary and can be enabled.
When you open the browser, simply press the F11 key to enter Fullscreen mode directly and hit the same key to come out from this feature. Hover the mouse over top of the page and the browser frame will appear with tabs opened. An alternative way to exit in the Chromium Edge is simply going to the top-right corner of the page and tap the icon. Besides, the taskbar doesn’t appear in Fullscreen if you take the mouse at the bottom.
Way to Enable Fullscreen Mode in Chromium Edge
Here is the method to Enable Fullscreen Mode in Chromium Edge –
- Make sure you’re using Microsoft Edge Canary 80.0.335.0 or later from the below section.
- In the address bar, type edge://flags/, and press Enter.
- Search Enable Fullscreen Dropdown flag.
- Click on the drop-down menu adjacent to the result.
- Switch the option to Enabled from Default.
- Click on the Restart button to take effect the changes.
Note – Alternatively, you can also visit the link edge://flags/#edge-enable-shy-ui to open the flag directly.
How to check the latest version in Chromium Edge
Here is how to do –
- First of all, open the Chromium Edge browser.
- Go to the top-right corner area of the screen.
- Click on Settings and more (Alt+F), also known as three dots in a horizontal form.
- In the appeared menu items, click on Help and feedback.
- Click on About Microsoft Edge.
- Once open, it will automatically get updated in a moment.
Related articles –
- Enable the Extensions Menu Button in Chromium Edge Canary.
- How to Enable tab grouping on the Chrome Canary browser.
- How to show icon only instead bookmark bar in Chromium Edge Canary.