With everything going digital these days, there is a sudden rise in video-conferencing apps. You must be already familiar with several meeting apps like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, etc. In this guide, we will discuss how powerful the Zoom application is, and the correct way to download and install Zoom App on Windows.
What is the Zoom Conferencing app?
Eric Yuan has developed the Zoom Video communication app back in the year 2011. However, its usage increased recently due to the quarantine measures adopted by almost all countries amid the coronavirus pandemic. Zoom app is a freemium application that you can easily avail of by visiting the company’s official website.
In the free version, you receive unlimited peer-to-peer video calls. However, there is a restriction of 40 minutes while using its group calling feature. The pro version comes for $14.99 per host per month, enterprise & business versions at $19.99 per host per month.
Download and Install Zoom App on Windows
To download and install the Zoom App on Windows 11/10 PC, use the following steps –
- First of all, reach out to Zoom’s official website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Download link.
- Under Zoom Clients for Meetings, hit again the Download button.
- The setup file starts downloading soon afterward. Now, go to the Download directory and double-click the ZoomInstaller.exe.
- The installation will begin shortly afterward. The UAC window may appear next to confirm the new installation, hit Yes to proceed further.
- You may now log into your Zoom account or click Join a meeting to start sharing data.
- This app is ready either for video/audio calls or online meetings.
How many participants can join the meeting?
By default, all plans on the Zoom app allow up to 100 participants in each meeting. If you had purchased a premium plan, this number may extend to 1000.
Is Zoom safe to have on Windows PC?
Zoom is a secure platform where you may initiate a video or audio call, attend meetings, or do online classes. They ensure providing robust pre-meeting features, including Waiting Rooms, Join by Domain, and Passcodes. As they take care to ensure your data remain safe and secured at all times, you may try this app.
Note: If this is your first time on the Zoom app, read how to create a Zoom account in Windows 10.
- Fix Zoom Video Filters not showing up on PC
- How to Fix Zoom App Audio not working on Windows 11/10
- How to Blur Your Background in Zoom Call or Meeting
- Fix 9 Common Zoom Problems and Error Codes in Windows 11/10
- [Solved] Zoom Camera is Not Working on Windows 11/10
- How to Fix Zoom Black Screen Issue on Windows 11/10