Recently, Microsoft releases KB4571756 cumulative update for Windows 10 20H2 insiders that upgrades the Build version to 19042.508. As per them, this was the final build, and the next release will definitely be the final Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
As of now, You may get Windows 10 version 20H2 after becoming an insider in the release preview channel. In case you don’t want to be an insider, wait for a few more days. Microsoft will soon offer this semi-annual update to all its users via Windows Update.
Read Also: Download Windows 10 20H2 ISO file
How to Get Windows 10 October 2020 Update
The general public will get the Windows 10 October 2020 update via the Windows Update section. In case you don’t want to wait anymore, become an insider, and start enjoying the new features of Windows 10 version 20H2. For this, you must have a valid Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Active Directory (AAD) account.
Here’s how to download and install October 2020 Update –
- First of all, navigate to the below path –
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program
- Jump to the right pane and click the “Get started” button.
- Use either Microsoft Account or Azure Active directory account to register for the Windows Insider Program.
- Select the “Release Preview Channel” so as to get the October 2020 Update.
- Next, click Confirm.
- Restart Now. PC reboot is mandatory to enter the Windows Insider Program.
- When Windows restarts, go back to the Windows Insider Program settings and check what’s opted under the “Pick your Insider settings” section. The “Release Preview Channel” should be selected by default.
- Now, reach out to the path
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updateand click “Check for Updates”.
- That’s it, the system will automatically detect and install Windows 10 October 2020 Update on your computer.
Known issue on Windows 10 20H2
After installing Windows 10 October 2020 Update, you may encounter the Element not found error while starting WSL. As per the company, they have already found the root cause behind this and may bring a resolution by the next 20H2 servicing release. For now, you may read how to fix the “Element not found” bug on Windows 10.
How to request support for 20H2 Builds
The insiders who were also “Business participants” and were running Windows 10 20H2 builds from WSUS may now opt-in for Microsoft support. However, this new feature is limited to Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro edition customers. If you are one such participant, follow the below steps to request for Microsoft assistance –
- At first, open the online support request form.
- Sign-in to your official Microsoft account and hit Next.
- Enter your company name and mention the issue at their appropriate places.
Note: If you had the link of the Feedback hub where you have submitted the issue, share the same.
- Click Next again on the Support Plan page.
- Moving forward, choose your preferred Email or Phone so as to communicate with the support team.
- Next, update your contact information on the contact card. Microsoft Support may use this information to contact you.
- Lastly, review your support request summary, make any changes (if required), and hit the Submit button.