Microsoft has confirmed that the new OS version May 2020 Update is now ready to release. The company has officially finished its work and it finalized the release as the Build 19041.207. In this guide, we have mentioned three easy ways to download and install Windows 10 20H1, May 2020 Update.
In order to install Windows Windows 10 May 2020, all you need a Media Creation tool to perform an in-place upgrade or use Update Assistant. You can wait for the company to put corresponding files in the Automatic Windows Update section. However, if you don’t need to wait for this, move to the below section and follow the steps.
Download and Clean install Windows 10 version 20H1
There are three methods that you can use to install the Windows 10 2004, May 2020 Update. Here is how to do –
1] Through Windows Update
Windows update is a straightforward and considerably easy way to upgrade your system. In order to use this method, follow the steps –
- Open the Windows Settings using Windows+I shortcut key.
- Select the Update & Security > Windows Update.
- In the right pane, click on the Check for updates button.
As soon as you complete the above procedure, the Windows automatically start to update with the latest version. In the whole procedure, it might take a few minutes, so don’t be anxious.
Once the Windows 10 April 2020 update ( version 20H1) is downloaded on your system, restart your device. That way, you can get the latest Windows 10 OS on your PC.
2] Using Media Creation Tool
Alternatively, you can use the Media Creation tool to download and install Windows 10 20H1 on your device. This will clean install Windows 10 on your system, here is how to proceed –
- Open the Media creation tool page.
- To get started, click on the Download tool now button.
- Once the setup file gets downloaded, open the .exe file.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option and then hit the Accept button.
- Select the option to keep your files and apps.
- Click the Install button and then follow on-screen instructions to complete this process.
After following the steps properly, the Media Creation tool will start installing Windows 10 version 1903 on your system.
3] Install Update through Update Assistant
Windows Update Assistant tool helps in upgrading the Windows 10 system to its latest version. If you want to continue, you must have to download the ISO file from Microsoft. So, follow the below steps –
- Navigate to Microsoft’s official website and click on the Update now button.
- Open the file explorer and run the downloaded .exe file.
- In order to start the process, click on the Update now button.
- At this time, it needs some basic test of the CPU, memory configuration, and the disk space. If all looks well, select the Next button to continue.
- This will start downloading the files. Since it will take a while, you can click on the Minimise button and keep working.
- Once it completes the update process, you need to reboot your device. So, click on the Restart now button to allow the changes to take effect.