Normally when you start up your Windows, multiple programs add themselves to the boot process list automatically. And having lots of startup program may significantly bog down the boot process of your computer that affect the running speed as well. In order to avoid such an issue, you must have to stop these unnecessary programs from running at Windows startup.
In this article, we have illustrated three easy methods that show how you can disable Startup Programs on your Windows 10 PC.
Disable Startup Programs on Windows 10
In this article, we have presented three easy methods to disable the programs which you don’t want to startup during the boot process. They are:
1. Using the Windows 10 Settings
If you’re on the latest Windows 10 version, you can manage the Apps directly from the Settings app. Here is how you can do:
- Open the Settings app using Win+I keys.
- Select the Apps > Startup. In the right pane, you will see the list of all apps which are by default sorted by Name. Look for the programs that you want to disable.
- Click on the toggle button (next to the program you want to disable) to turn it off.
- Similarly, disable the other programs as well.
2. Through the Task Manager
If you didn’t find the Apps Management panel in your Settings app, it means you don’t have the latest version yet. In this case, you can disable your Startup program using the Task Manager as well. Here is how you can do:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager window.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the program (you want to disable) and select Disable.
- In the same way, disable the other programs.
3. From System Configuration
Another method you can use to disable Startup Programs on Windows 10 is using the System Configuration. Here is how you can do so –
- Click on the Start button, type “System Configuration”, and select the same from the top of the result.
- In the System Configuration window, go to the Startup tab.
- Click on the link saying Open Task Manager, to launch the Task Manager window.
- Right-click on the program and select the Disable option.
- Likewise, do it for other programs you want to disable.
- If you are asked to reboot your computer, do it to apply the changes you made.