Copying and Moving are two essential operations that we use every now and then. However, what really happens when we use the “Ctrl + C” or “Ctrl + X” features on Windows 10 interface? Well, the short answer to this is data get stored automatically inside the Clipboard. The Clipboard keeps storing this until and unless we select some other content.
The moment you copy or cut some other files, the content gets replaced with the new ones. At times, we copy some items, and a few seconds later realize not to proceed further. But as we have already initiated the copying process, the contents remain copied. Or, you simply want to keep the Clipboard clean. Whatever your reasons are, let’s learn how to clear Clipboard history using a shortcut on Windows 10 –
Create a Shortcut to Delete Clipboard History
Here’s how to clear Clipboard history using a shortcut on Windows 10 PC –
- Make a right-click anywhere on the Desktop and choose to
New > Shortcut.
- Doing so will generate a shortcut icon on the desktop and launches the “Create Shortcut” window.
- Copy/paste the below code in the “Type the location of the item” text field and press Next.
%windir%\System32\cmd /c echo off | clip
- Put a name under the “Type a name for this shortcut” field and hit Finish.
How to Change this Shortcut icon
By default, the newly created icon appears to be a console icon. You may change this default icon to something fresh following the below steps –
- Right-click again on the newly created shortcut and select Properties.
- This automatically takes you to the Shortcut tab. If not, head over to the same.
- Click “
Tip: By default, the
Shortcut key checkbox reads None. If you want to change this to something different, click there and put the keys combination like – Ctrl + 1.
- Inside the Look for icons in this file path, replace the existing path with the below one, and click OK.
- Select your preferred icon and hit OK.
- Next, click
Apply > OK.
- The shortcut icon will change to the one selected above.
That’s it, you may now use this shortcut to clear clipboard history anytime you want to. All you require is double-click this icon and all data inside the Clipboard get cleared.