If you are encountering Application Error 0xc0150004 on your system and want a quick solution then this article might help you do so. Well, some users who recently experienced this error, directed a few tips for those ones facing it right now. According to them, this problem makes you unable to run any type of setup program that is commonly used to install or uninstall the applications.
Here we are going to discuss all possible causes and its solution to fix the Application Error 0xc0150004. Let’s explore the solutions in detail.
Application Error 0xc0150004 on Windows 10
To fix Application Error 0xc0150004 on Windows 10, use the following methods –
1. Run DISM and SFC tool
DISM is a built-in application in Windows 10 that you can use to solve corrupted system files. Some users reported that after running the DISM tool, they got able to get rid of Error 0xc0150004. To try this method, use the following instructions –
- Press the Win+S keys and type Command Prompt.
- From the search result, right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Click on the Yes button if UAC appears on the screen.
- Once the command prompt window opens, run the following commands. Don’t forget to press Enter after typing each command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After running the above commands, wait for a while as this process takes around 20 minutes to complete the process.
- Once it gets done, type the following commands and press Enter –
- Wait until the process gets completed and then close the Command Prompt window.
2. Disable the Antivirus program
Sometimes the third-party applications cause this problem. So, if running the DISM tool doesn’t help you fix this error, turn off your Antivirus program temporarily and see if it works.
To disable the Antivirus software, use the following steps –
- Open the Settings app using the Win+I keys.
- Click the Update & Security category.
- Select the Windows Security tab.
- Choose the Virus & threat protection option.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click Manage settings.
- Turn off the Real-time protection option.
3. Perform a Clean boot
If you’re still facing the application Error 0xc0150004 on your computer, you can try to clean boot on your PC to solve this error code. Here you will get the ways required to perform a clean boot in Windows.
- Click on Start, type System Configuration, and press Enter.
- Go to the General tab and select the Selective Startup checkbox.
- Then untick the Load Startup Items checkbox, and leave checked the other options as they are.
- Now switch to the Services tab.
- Select the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Click Disable all.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Restart your PC.
After performing the above steps correctly, the error should be resolved now. Now you need to perform the above steps again and turn on the Servies one by one. Repeat the above procedure until you find the real culprit to cause this issue.
4. Do a Clean Install
In case nothing helps you solve this error code, there’s a high chance that the error is occurred due to an underlying problem that cannot be fixed with conventional end-user methods.
In such a case, we recommend you do a clean install of your Windows, which is the only viable solution is to reset every single software component.
I hope this guide helps to fix the application error 0xc0150004 on your device. In case you have any queries or suggestions related to this issue, please let us know in the comment section.