Windows has a built-in webcam brightness adjustment in the camera settings. It’s important to know how to adjust Webcam brightness so you don’t appear too washed out or too dark.
If you use your webcam often, it’s important to have the appropriate settings so that everything looks clear. Some Webcams have brightness control built-in, but most do not. In this article, we will explain how you can adjust the brightness of your webcam in Microsoft Windows 11. But before going to the steps, do the following –
- First, make sure you have the latest driver for your webcam installed.
- Second, if you’re using Skype or FaceTime, go to Settings and select Video Quality.
- You can also try adjusting the Adaptive Display Brightness slider in the Speech Recognition settings.
The brightness on the webcam is the same as the brightness on the screen. And the light intensity of your camera alters in proportion to the brightness of your monitor. How about if you would like to adjust your camera’s brightness level differently? Windows 11 gives you the option to change the brightness of the webcam separately.
How do I adjust Webcam Brightness in Windows 11?
Brightness is a measurement of the luminosity of a surface, and it can help you see your browser better. If you find that your webcam’s brightness is too low, follow these simple steps to make adjustments:
- Adjust the webcam brightness using the Camera app
- Change the webcam brightness using the Settings app
1. Adjust the webcam brightness using the Camera app
To adjust the webcam brightness using the Camera app, use the below steps –
- Click on the Start button and search for the Camera.
- Select the result from the top of the list.
- Now click on the Setting gear icon that is available on the top left corner of the app.
- On the Settings panel, you will see Pro mode under the Camera section. Turn on the toggle switch for Pro mode. In the case that the setting is already enabled, there’s nothing to change.
- Now click the brightness icon on the camera app’s home screen. It is located on the left side, next to the Photo timer option.
- To change the brightness, drag the brightness bar up or down.
This way you can adjust the brightness of your Webcam in Windows 11
2. Change the webcam brightness using the Settings app
As an alternative, you can adjust the webcam brightness in Windows 11 via the Windows Settings app. Here is how you can accomplish this:
- Press the Winkey+I shortcut to open the Windows Settings panel first.
- Select Bluetooth & devices on the left side of the window.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the Cameras menu, and then click on the connected camera.
- Under the Default image settings section, you will see four options, i.e. Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, and Saturation.
- You can drag the slider to adjust the brightness and other image settings of your camera.
Why is my computer camera so dark?
There are many factors that can cause a dim webcam image, including bad lighting, visual obstacles, and reflections from dark clothing. You can increase the brightness of your live image and adjust the lighting condition in order to maximize its output.