Today, in this article, we explore different ways to add or delete Fonts in Windows 10. Font plays a vital role as this is the graphical representation of text in style. There are so many fonts to choose from on Windows 10. You need to take care of certain other parameters such as – point size, weight, typeface, color, or design. This is essential to make the narrative even more attractive.
Although Windows 10 has inbuilt multiple fonts, you can also install or remove any font. You can carry out this task using Settings, Font directory, Via Microsoft Store, etc. If all methods simply fail, you can use Registry Editor to execute this task. Let’s discuss each section in somewhat more detail-
- How to install new Fonts in Windows 10
- How to delete Font in Windows 10
- Delete Fonts via Settings
- Delete Fonts Installed from Microsoft Store in Settings
- Delete Fonts Installed via Registry Editor
How to add or delete Fonts in Windows 10 Process
Here, we explain different ways to delete Fonts as well as one method to add Fonts on your Windows 10 Machine-
How to install new Fonts in Windows 10
Installing a new font in your system is very easy. All you need is to follow these simple steps-
- Right-click on Windows icon and select Settings from the Power menu.
- Select the Personalization icon from the list of categories followed by Fonts on the left pane.
- Again choose Add fonts option on its respective right side.
- Choose the font which you want to install on the drag and drop down to install box.
If any confirmation message appears, tap Yes to install the selected font.
Note: If you want to fresh download any font, then hit Get more fonts in Microsoft Store link and download the desired font. Henceforth, follow the on-screen instruction (as shown in the snapshot below). Here, we have selected ink journal font, you can choose as per your wish.
Once the above task is finished, close the Settings app so as to download and install a new font family on your device.
How to delete Font in Windows 10
Here, we depict several workarounds to delete specific font or font-family on your Windows 10 PC-
Deleting font right from its respective directory is the easiest process. To do this, follow these steps-
- Go to the system tray and select the File Explorer icon.
- When the explorer window comes into view, navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts address.
- On the list of fonts family, select one or more font family which you want to remove.
- Move to the menu bar and select the Delete button.
Note: Alternatively, you can also right-click on the same font and select Delete option from the context menu.
In case, a confirmation dialog box appears, hit Yes to permanently delete this font. This will delete all the sub-fonts that reside inside the font directory.
Note: If you want to delete individual sub-font, open the highlighted group and right-click on the same. Thereupon, choose the Delete button on the top pane.
Once the above process is over, close all running windows and Reboot your PC.
Delete Fonts via Settings
Settings app does provide another way to delete fonts, just go through these steps-
- Press Win & I shortcut key together to launch Settings.
- Select Personalization among the different categories.
- Thereafter, choose Fonts section on the left pane; Switch to the right pane to delete any specific font.
- Here, scroll down the cursor to locate any particular font.
Note: If the selected font belongs to some family chain, select the specific one using the drop-down menu.
- Here tap the Uninstall button thereafter Uninstall again to confirm these changes.
At last, close the Settings app and reboot your PC to delete any leftover files.
Delete Fonts Installed from Microsoft Store in Settings
You can delete any such fonts using the Settings app. All you require is to follow the steps described below-
- Right-click on Windows icon and hit settings (gear icon).
- On the next window, tap Apps category followed by Apps & features on the left column.
- Thereafter, scroll down the cursor and select a font that you want to remove.
- Succeeding after hit the Uninstall button. See Snapshot-
- If a confirmation message prompts, select Uninstall again.
- After the whole set-up completes, close the Settings app and Reboot your PC.
Note: This section is applicable only if you have installed fonts that are downloaded from Microsoft Store.
Delete Fonts Installed via Registry Editor
1. For All users
Before proceeding to follow steps, make sure to login as an Administrator into your PC. Here is the complete procedure-
- At first, press Win+R hokey together to start Run dialog.
- Thereupon, type Regedit at blinking cursor followed by Enter to begin Registry Editor.
- If UAC prompts up, select Yes to authorize the access.
- On the new window, navigate to the following path-
- Henceforth, move to the corresponding right screen and make a right-click on the font that you want to remove.
- Tap Delete option on the context menu.
- Afterwards, hit Yes to confirm the changes made so far and close the running Registry Editor window.
Note: Do reboot your PC to remove any leftover files. From the next logon, you won’t see the fonts you deleted using the above steps.
2. For Current User
Follow these steps to delete a particular font using Registry Editor-
- Make a right-click on the Windows icon and select the Run option.
- Now, type Regedit near blinking cursor followed by Enter to start Registry Editor.
- On the new window, browse to the following address-
- Succeeding after, switch to the right pane and locate the DWORD entries that you are going to delete.
- Here, do the right click on the “Bahnschrift (TrueType)” string value and choose Delete option from the context menu. See Snapshot below-
Note: Before going ahead, double-check the string value name that you are going to delete permanently. It must resemble “Bahnschrift“.
- Henceforth, tap the Yes button to confirm the changes.
- After you finish the above task, close the Registry window and Reboot your PC.
- When System restarts, start Windows Explorer. To begin Explorer instantly, press Win+E.
- Go to the Address bar and copy/paste the following path followed by Enter key–
- At last, delete the following font(s)-
That’s it, close File explorer, and Reboot your PC again.