In general, booting your system using bootable media like DVDs, CD or USB sticks is a lengthy process and it often slows down the entire process. To resolve this issue and speed up your OS, you may add the Advanced startup options directly to the context menu on Windows PC.
Editor Tip: RESTORO is a great software that can automatically find and resolve update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows 11/10 PC. Having this tool ensures that you can use your device to its fullest capacity.
Download: RESTORO PC Repair Tool
Let’s see how to add or remove the Content Menu’s Advanced Startup Options using Registry tweaks on Windows 10 –
Add Advanced Startup Options to the Context menu
To add Advanced Startup Options to the Shortcut Menu on Windows PC, do the following –
Warning: Making wrong changes to the Registry may corrupt the entire operating system. So, make sure to generate a registry backup or follow the steps exactly what is provided below.
Note: Before proceeding ahead, make sure to sign in as the administrator on your device.
- At first, go to the Search button and type “
regedit” in the text box.
- Select the top result i.e. Registry Editor thereupon hit Run as Administrator.
- If the UAC window prompts, tap Yes to go ahead.
- On the upcoming wizard, navigate to the following path. You may either copy/paste this path on the registry and press Enter, or simply use the left navigation panel.
- When reached, head over to the other half-section and make a right-click.
- Select New > DWORD (32-bit) value from the context menu. See the Snapshot below –
- Rename this entry as AdvancedStartupOptions.
- Double-click on this REG_DWORD entry to open its value data field.
- Put 1 under value data and then click OK to confirm this configuration.
In case, you want to remove the Advanced Startup Options from the context menu, re-visit the above-path on the registry editor and change the AdvancedStartupOptions’s Value data field back to “0”.
How to normally access the Advanced Startup Options
If you don’t want to add a new thing on the Context menu, however, do want to access this setting on your Windows PC, do the following –
- Press “Windows and I keys” to launch Settings.
- Select Update & Security thereafter Recovery on the upcoming screen.
- Switch to the right pane and hit Restart Now option under the Advanced Startup section.
- Now, wait till your system reboots.
I hope you find this article useful to add or remove the Advanced Startup Options on/from the Context menu.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool.This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.