Back in Windows 7/8, Control Panel used to play a crucial role in making significant changes on the computer. With Windows 10, Microsoft shifts the focus to Settings UI. However, there still remain several features that one can personalize using Control Panel in Windows 10/11. For Example – Power Options, Administrative Tools, Windows Defender Firewall, RemoteApp & Desktop Connections, etc.
RESTORO is a great repair tool that automatically finds and repairs different issues on Windows OS. Having this tool will protect your PC against malicious codes, hardware failures, and several other bugs. Moreover, this also ensures you use your device to its fullest capabilities and performance.
Get the Restoro Tool
Besides, one can modify and manage almost all Windows 10 components accessing the Control Panel. Moreover, there are many users who still prefer using this over the Settings app. Considering such vast usage, here we present eight different ways to open Control Panel on Windows 10.
Quick Note: If you often start the Control Panel, we recommend going for method 8 available at the post end.
How to Launch Control Panel in Windows 10
To start the Control Panel in Windows 10, use any one of the following methods –
1] Through Run dialog
Step-1: Press Window + R to open the Run dialog box.
Step-2: Type “control panel” without quotes and press the Enter key.
Step-3: This will launch the Control Panel.
2] Via Start Menu
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type control panel and press the Enter key.
- This will open the Control Panel.
3] Use Taskbar search to open Control Panel in Windows 10
Step-1: Press Window + S to open the Taskbar search
Step-2: Type “control panel” and press the Enter key.
Step-3: This will start the Control Panel.
4] Through the Window key
- Press the Window key available on the keyboard.
- Type control panel and hit the Enter key.
- This will directly launch the Control Panel window.
5] Use Command Prompt to open Control Panel
Step-1: Press the Window + R to open the Run dialog box.
Step-2: Type cmd and press the Enter key.
Step-3: When the Command Prompt window opens, type Control Panel.
Step-4: Tap the Enter key and this will open the Control Panel.
6] Via Windows PowerShell
- Click on the Start button.
- Type PowerShell and press the Enter key.
- When the Windows PowerShell opens, type Control panel.
- Tap the Enter key and this will open the Control Panel window.
7] Create a shortcut and pin it to your desktop
- At first, make a right-click on the desktop, select the New option, and then click Shortcut.
- Type the following path to locate the item-
- Click on the Next button.
- Type the name of this shortcut as Control Panel.
- Click on the Finish button.
That’s it! Now, simply double-click on this icon to quickly open the Control Panel window on your screen.
8] Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar
Step-1: Click on the Start button and start typing – ‘Control panel‘.
Step-2: From the list, locate the result, and do a right-click on the same.
Step-3: Select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
Step-4: From the next time, simply click on the icon which gets pinned on the taskbar.
That’s it, you may now use any of the above approaches to Launch Control Panel in Windows 10.